Done with my PhD!

Brent Yorgey

Oct 15, 2014, 2:39:54 PM10/15/14
to akra...@googlegroups.com
Just successfully defended my dissertation yesterday.  I am not sure Beeminder really helped with making the slides for my defense:

Inline image 1

As you can see I more or less ignored Beeminder and then made all the slides in a panic at the last minute. =)

However, Beeminder most definitely helped with actually writing my dissertation!  Hours spent:

Inline image 2

Pages written:

Inline image 3

(That crazy pagecount spike in mid-August was my maniac week.)

-Brent

Oct 15, 2014, 2:58:32 PM10/15/14
to akra...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!

I love the "Wanna do it again?" in the context of getting a PhD :)

Brent Yorgey

Oct 15, 2014, 3:02:31 PM10/15/14
to akra...@googlegroups.com
Hahaha, good point.  I most vehemently do NOT want to do it again. =)

-Brent

Daniel Vainsencher

Oct 16, 2014, 1:40:13 AM10/16/14
to akra...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations! I discovered bm too late to help with my thesis, but in time to help preserve my sanity in the interim, through exercise, house work etc.