Interesting article on breaking good habits and backsliding

Alexander Schwarz

Sep 11, 2014, 3:39:10 AM9/11/14
to akra...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if Gretchen Rubin is familiar with the concept of the acrasia horizon, but she described something related in a new blog article.

Daniel Reeves

Sep 13, 2014, 3:07:34 AM9/13/14
to akratics
Thanks so much for leaving that comment on Gretchen's blog, Alex! I've
exchanged some email with her before about her writing on Resolutions
and more recently about her upcoming book on changing habits (I'm
really hoping to convince her to discuss Beeminder in it!) so this was
a great excuse to ping her again about how Beeminder incorporates
similar ideas, as you say, about having flexibility without the risk
of backsliding.
--
http://dreev.es -- search://"Daniel Reeves"
Goal tracking + Commitment contracts == http://beeminder.com