Information Regarding the Architecture of AkarOS

Bhaskara Aditya Sriram

Sep 27, 2021, 12:30:51 PM9/27/21
to aka...@googlegroups.com
Dear Team,
I hope everything is well with you and that everyone is safe.
I am an undergraduate student who is collecting information about AkarOS for an article in my course work . I am very much impressed with the idea of MCP and would like to appreciate y'all for coming up with it. I have gone through the papers in http://akaros.org but could not understand what architecture the AkarOS implements i.e micro kernel, nano kernel, monolithic kernel. It would be very helpful if someone could help me with this.
And also I'm unable to access this website : http://akaros.cs.berkeley.edu/

Thank you and have a great day ahead
Aditya Sriram

Dan Cross

Sep 27, 2021, 3:46:18 PM9/27/21
to Bhaskara Aditya Sriram, aka...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 12:30 PM Bhaskara Aditya Sriram <adityas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Team,
I hope everything is well with you and that everyone is safe.
I am an undergraduate student who is collecting information about AkarOS for an article in my course work . I am very much impressed with the idea of MCP and would like to appreciate y'all for coming up with it. I have gone through the papers in http://akaros.org but could not understand what architecture the AkarOS implements i.e micro kernel, nano kernel, monolithic kernel. It would be very helpful if someone could help me with this.

Sure. Akaros (styled "Akaros", not "AkarOS") is a monolithic kernel.

And also I'm unable to access this website : http://akaros.cs.berkeley.edu/

Thank you and have a great day ahead
Aditya Sriram

Barret Rhoden

Sep 27, 2021, 4:09:07 PM9/27/21
On 2021-09-27 at 18:24 Bhaskara Aditya Sriram wrote:
> And also I'm unable to access this website : http://akaros.cs.berkeley.edu/

We moved that to akaros.org. I think I tried to have berkeley forward
it, but I guess that broke. Not surprising - it's been 5 years since
any of us were there.

Barret

Kevin Klues

Sep 27, 2021, 4:29:36 PM9/27/21
to Dan Cross, Bhaskara Aditya Sriram, akaros-list
These are the two (quite long) authoritative papers on Akaros:

My dissertation:

Kevin

--
~Kevin