[Akara - Support #980] (New) Migrate trac tickets to Z Foundry

1 view

red...@foundry.zepheira.com

Nov 12, 2010, 4:36:23 PM11/12/10
Issue #980 has been reported by Uche Ogbuji.

Support #980: Migrate trac tickets to Z Foundry
http://foundry.zepheira.com/issues/980

Author: Uche Ogbuji
Assigned to: David Feeney
Category:
Target version:

So we have a bunch of tickets at: http://trac.xml3k.org/

We've moved to Foundry, and it makes sense to shut that down, but we'd like not to lose existing tickets. Dave Feeney mentioned a trac -> redmine import script, but he at first thought it might need a fresh Redmine instance, and then though that might only be if wiki pages are involved. I wanted to track the issue, and worst case maybe we can store the flat Trac HTML somewhere for legacy.

To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://foundry.zepheira.com/my/account

red...@foundry.zepheira.com

Nov 12, 2010, 5:08:35 PM11/12/10
Issue #980 has been updated by Luis Miguel Morillas.

File trac.zip added

Attached db file from the old trac.

-- lm

red...@foundry.zepheira.com

Jan 13, 2011, 7:39:25 PM1/13/11
Issue #980 has been updated by Uche Ogbuji.

Thanks David,

I'm OK with the issues you brought up, but one other issue I found was that the status seems to be immutable. This seems to prevent us from closing imported tickets. Any chance we can fix that?

Thanks.

Author: Uche Ogbuji

Assigned to: Uche Ogbuji

red...@foundry.zepheira.com

Jan 13, 2011, 7:54:18 PM1/13/11
Issue #980 has been updated by Uche Ogbuji.

Ooh. It seems that Red Mine is not just the assignee, but also the name for all contributors to the ticket (i.e. commenters), which is too much information loss. Is that fixable?

Author: Uche Ogbuji

Assigned to: Uche Ogbuji

red...@foundry.zepheira.com

Jan 13, 2011, 11:00:56 PM1/13/11
Issue #980 has been updated by David Feeney.

Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> Thanks David,
>
> I'm OK with the issues you brought up, but one other issue I found was that the status seems to be immutable. This seems to prevent us from closing imported tickets. Any chance we can fix that?
>
> Thanks.

I think the problem here was that there were no members assigned to the akaratrac project. I've added you as a manager, so you should be able to edit issues now.

Author: Uche Ogbuji

Assigned to: Uche Ogbuji

red...@foundry.zepheira.com

Jan 13, 2011, 11:34:05 PM1/13/11

Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> Ooh. It seems that Red Mine is not just the assignee, but also the name for all contributors to the ticket (i.e. commenters), which is too much information loss. Is that fixable?

Looking through the script (http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/repository/revisions/4599/entry/trunk/lib/tasks/migrate_from_trac.rake), it seems that this should be handled automatically. It first tries to match to an existing redmine user by username, then tries to create a new user based on the Trac account info. If this fails, it just queries the first user, which in our case is the default (though locked) admin account with 'Red Mine' for the display name.

Peeking at the existing trac site, it looks like it is actually trying to match against OpenID's, which would explain the issue. It should be easy to create a custom version of the import rake script that matches on this instead, but the appropriate redmine accounts would need to be set up with the correct open id.

Author: Uche Ogbuji

Assigned to: Uche Ogbuji

red...@foundry.zepheira.com

Jan 17, 2011, 2:30:41 AM1/17/11
Issue #980 has been updated by Uche Ogbuji.

> It should be easy to create a custom version of the import rake script that matches on this instead, but the appropriate redmine accounts would need to be set up with the correct open id.

Hmm. That sounds like a lot of work, and I wonder whether it's worth it.

I think we always have the fall-back option to host a static dump of trac.xml3k as it currently stands, and if anyone wants to update an old ticket, they then create one in Redmine and link to the old one for back context.

Author: Uche Ogbuji

Assigned to: Uche Ogbuji