[Akara - Feature #1223] (New) Expand pushtree XPath to simple predicates

red...@foundry.zepheira.com

Jan 13, 2011, 5:12:40 PM1/13/11
Issue #1223 has been reported by Uche Ogbuji.

Feature #1223: Expand pushtree XPath to simple predicates
http://foundry.zepheira.com/issues/1223

Author: Uche Ogbuji
Assigned to:
Category:
Target version:

Right now pushtree supports a nice rage of XPaths, but not predicates, which can be useful in narrowing down even further to a subtree.

Ideally we'd cover all the predicate bits mentioned in: http://wiki.xml3k.org/Amara/Architecture/Streaming_XPath

i.e.:

# numerical predicates, e.g. ==a[1]==
** a numerical or positional predicate is only allowed in a step using the child axis
** e.g. these are forbidden: ==a/descendant::b[2]== and ==a/descendant-or-self::b[2]==
** but this is OK: ==a//b[2]== since it expands to ==a/descendant-or-self::node()/child::b[2]== and hence the predicate is on a step using the child axis
# predicates that only use the attribute or self axis for value comparison, e.g. ==a[@attr = 'value']==
# Boolean expressions in predicates, e.g. ==a[@id='1' or @id='2']==, ==a[@id='1' and @spam='eggs']==, ==a[@id='1' and not(@spam='eggs')]==

If we can't get all that, I'd say we take what we can in top to bottom priority in the above list.

Note: for the original pushtree ticket (now closed) see: http://trac.xml3k.org/ticket/48

To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://foundry.zepheira.com/my/account