amara on windows / python 64 bits

Luis Miguel Morillas

Jan 26, 2012, 1:42:24 AM1/26/12
to akar...@googlegroups.com
I can't install amara on windows 64. Both mingw and Visual C++ raise errors :-(

Has anybody installed amara on a python 64 on windows?

Regards,

-- luismiguel

Uche Ogbuji

Jan 26, 2012, 2:17:11 AM1/26/12
to akar...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. I thought I read of such a problem before, but there was no one who had Windows 64 to investigate.

This is interesting: ActiveState seems to have a 64-bit windows package?

But I don't know what those lock icons mean.

--Uche

Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Weblog: http://copia.ogbuji.net
Poetry ed @TNB: http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/author/uogbuji/
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com
Linked-in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ucheogbuji
Articles: http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/publications/
Friendfeed: http://friendfeed.com/uche
Twitter: http://twitter.com/uogbuji
http://www.google.com/profiles/uche.ogbuji

Luis Miguel Morillas

Jan 26, 2012, 4:45:38 PM1/26/12
to akar...@googlegroups.com
2012/1/26 Uche Ogbuji <uc...@ogbuji.net>:

> Hmm. I thought I read of such a problem before, but there was no one who had
> Windows 64 to investigate.

I have win64 and want to investigate. Maybe next weekend .

> This is interesting: ActiveState seems to have a 64-bit windows package?
>
> http://code.activestate.com/pypm/amara/
>
> But I don't know what those lock icons mean.

It says when mouse in on it: "This package requires a Valid Business
Edition License"

-- lm (@lmorillas)

Uche Ogbuji

Jan 26, 2012, 4:59:06 PM1/26/12
to akar...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Luis Miguel Morillas <mori...@gmail.com> wrote:
2012/1/26 Uche Ogbuji <uc...@ogbuji.net>:
> Hmm. I thought I read of such a problem before, but there was no one who had
> Windows 64 to investigate.

I have win64 and want to investigate. Maybe next weekend .

Thanks.

> This is interesting: ActiveState seems to have a 64-bit windows package?
>
> http://code.activestate.com/pypm/amara/
>
> But I don't know what those lock icons mean.
It says when mouse in on it: "This package requires a Valid Business
Edition License"

That's still good news since they must have found a way to build it.

Luis Miguel Morillas

Jan 26, 2012, 5:15:01 PM1/26/12
to akar...@googlegroups.com
2012/1/26 Uche Ogbuji <uc...@ogbuji.net>:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Luis Miguel Morillas <mori...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> 2012/1/26 Uche Ogbuji <uc...@ogbuji.net>:
>> > Hmm. I thought I read of such a problem before, but there was no one who
>> > had
>> > Windows 64 to investigate.
>> >

>> I have win64 and want to investigate. Maybe next weekend .
>

> Thanks.
>

>> > This is interesting: ActiveState seems to have a 64-bit windows package?
>> >
>> > http://code.activestate.com/pypm/amara/
>> >
>> > But I don't know what those lock icons mean.
>> It says when mouse in on it: "This package requires a Valid Business
>> Edition License"
>

> That's still good news since they must have found a way to build it.

And somebody of us knows Activestate folks?

--lm (@lmorillas)

Uche Ogbuji

Jan 26, 2012, 6:26:42 PM1/26/12
to akar...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Luis Miguel Morillas <mori...@gmail.com> wrote:
And somebody of us knows Activestate folks?

I used to know a bunch of them, but not sure they're still there. I could try reaching out to Mark Hammond, but we'd want to have clear error logs/info first before asking.