Is there something wrong with new akara.conf?

1 view

Luis Miguel Morillas

Apr 14, 2011, 5:43:31 AM4/14/11
to akar...@googlegroups.com
I'm following Install doc (http://wiki.xml3k.org/Akara/Install) but it
raises the following error:

$ akara start
Apr 14 11:40:44 akara[8993]: [CRITICAL] Could not read from Akara
configuration file '/home/lm/.config/akara.conf': File contains no
section headers.
file: /home/lm/.config/akara.conf, line: 29
'class Akara:\n'
Cannot start Akara. Exiting.

Regards,

-- luismiguel

Uche Ogbuji

Apr 14, 2011, 9:50:49 AM4/14/11
to akar...@googlegroups.com, Luis Miguel Morillas
Ooh! I don't think we ever pointed the nightly builds to github when we moved trunk, so it must be generating stale packages so as a result you're using an Akara version before the new config system.  I'll have to look into fixing the nightlies, but for now I recommend using git or hg-git to pull trunk.

--Uche

Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Weblog: http://copia.ogbuji.net
Poetry ed @TNB: http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/author/uogbuji/
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com
Linked-in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ucheogbuji
Articles: http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/publications/
Friendfeed: http://friendfeed.com/uche
Twitter: http://twitter.com/uogbuji
http://www.google.com/profiles/uche.ogbuji

Luis Miguel Morillas

Apr 15, 2011, 5:09:41 AM4/15/11
to Uche Ogbuji, akar...@googlegroups.com
Ok. It works fine with a new github clone.

I've just discovered new akara setup command ;-)

-- luismiguel

Luis Miguel Morillas

May 3, 2011, 10:58:12 AM5/3/11
to Uche Ogbuji, akar...@googlegroups.com
I'm still having problem with some configurations. I want to use other
module_dir.

class Akara:
Listen = 8880
ConfigRoot = "/home/lm/src/iaaa/src/"
PidFile = "logs/akara.pid"
ModuleDir = "modules"
[...]

I use the akara -f new_config.conf start command. Logs go ok, but
akara doesn't find the modules I'm saving at new modules dir
("/home/lm/src/iaaa/src/modules") Discover only shows this:

$ curl http://localhost:8880
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<services><service
ident="http://purl.org/xml3k/akara/services/registry"><path
template="http://localhost:8880/?service={service?}"></path><description></description></service></services>

I'm I doing something wrong?

-- luismiguel

Mark Baker

May 3, 2011, 3:45:24 PM5/3/11
to akar...@googlegroups.com, Uche Ogbuji
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Luis Miguel Morillas
<mori...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still having problem with some configurations. I want to use other
> module_dir.
>

> class Akara:
>    Listen = 8880
>    ConfigRoot = "/home/lm/src/iaaa/src/"
>    PidFile = "logs/akara.pid"
>    ModuleDir = "modules"
> [...]
>

> I use the akara -f new_config.conf  start command. Logs go ok, but
> akara doesn't find the modules I'm saving at new modules dir
> ("/home/lm/src/iaaa/src/modules")  Discover only shows this:
>
> $ curl http://localhost:8880
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <services><service
> ident="http://purl.org/xml3k/akara/services/registry"><path
> template="http://localhost:8880/?service={service?}"></path><description></description></service></services>
>
> I'm I doing something wrong?

Modules are enabled using the akara.conf MODULES declaration now,
rather than by placement in a modules directory, e.g.

MODULES = ["akara.demo.sysinfo"]

Mark.

Luis Miguel Morillas

May 3, 2011, 4:29:14 PM5/3/11
to akar...@googlegroups.com, Uche Ogbuji
2011/5/3 Mark Baker <ma...@zepheira.com>:

Sure, but akara loads by default modules stored at
$HOME/.local/lib/akara/modules. Thanks, modules directory works fine
when modules are added to PYTHONPATH.

Regards,

-- lm

> Mark.

Mark Baker

May 4, 2011, 2:20:00 PM5/4/11
to akar...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Luis Miguel Morillas <mori...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure, but akara loads by default modules stored at
> $HOME/.local/lib/akara/modules. Thanks, modules directory works fine
> when modules are added to PYTHONPATH.

Ah, I didn't realize the modules directory was used at all anymore.
I've been using MODULES exclusively recently, since it simplified the
deployment process by removing the need to copy the modules.

Mark.