Updated install docs + Continuously integrated sources

Uche Ogbuji

Jan 29, 2012, 2:57:18 PM1/29/12
to akar...@googlegroups.com, ak...@googlegroups.com, David Feeney
After some discussion with David Feeney, my colleague at Zepheira I've updated Amara/Akara install docs across the board to use virtualenv. This simplifies things a great deal, overall. Of course anyone can feel free to install without virtualenv, if they like, but we might not be able to provide as much guidance.

These updated instructions also introduce a new resource. At Zepheira we have created a PyPI mirror <http://pypi.zepheira.com/releases/index> connected to a Jenkins instance to host continuously-integrated versions of some of our open-source projects, including Amara and Akara. This replaces the old, unreliable nightly snapshots regime.

 * http://www.xml3k.org/Amara/Install

Sylvain Hellegouarch

Jan 29, 2012, 3:13:18 PM1/29/12
to akar...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uc...@ogbuji.net> wrote:
After some discussion with David Feeney, my colleague at Zepheira I've updated Amara/Akara install docs across the board to use virtualenv. This simplifies things a great deal, overall. Of course anyone can feel free to install without virtualenv, if they like, but we might not be able to provide as much guidance.

These updated instructions also introduce a new resource. At Zepheira we have created a PyPI mirror <http://pypi.zepheira.com/releases/index> connected to a Jenkins instance to host continuously-integrated versions of some of our open-source projects, including Amara and Akara. This replaces the old, unreliable nightly snapshots regime.

 * http://www.xml3k.org/Amara/Install

Very nice. Great job guys.

--
- Sylvain
http://www.defuze.org

Luis Miguel Morillas

Jan 30, 2012, 4:57:04 AM1/30/12
to akar...@googlegroups.com
2012/1/29 Uche Ogbuji <uc...@ogbuji.net>

> After some discussion with David Feeney, my colleague at Zepheira I've updated Amara/Akara install docs across the board to use virtualenv. This simplifies things a great deal, overall. Of course anyone can feel free to install without virtualenv, if they like, but we might not be able to provide as much guidance.
>
> These updated instructions also introduce a new resource. At Zepheira we have created a PyPI mirror <http://pypi.zepheira.com/releases/index> connected to a Jenkins instance to host continuously-integrated versions of some of our open-source projects, including Amara and Akara. This replaces the old, unreliable nightly snapshots regime.
>
>  * http://www.xml3k.org/Amara/Install
>  * http://www.xml3k.org/Akara/Install
>  * http://www.xml3k.org/Akara/Install/Mac

Nice, Uche & zepheira folks. I added new installers for Windows users
at http://www.xml3k.org/Amara/Windows . New installers for 32 and 64
bit systems are built with Visual C++ 2008 (I couldn't with mingw on
win64 platform) I must update instruccions about build & install on
Windows.

-- lm (@lmorillas)