Re: A Tale of Two American Businesses -- Bancroft Mills v. Hobby Lobby

Greg Ashcroft

Aug 10, 2014, 3:55:17 PM8/10/14
In article <XnsA38374567D9...@78.46.70.116>
Joe Cooper <drag...@unseen.is> wrote:

> America was a different country in the 1800s.
>
> It was a country in which Joseph, Samuel, and William Bancroft of
> Wilmington, Delaware, were free to put their Quaker faith into practice;
> not just by worshipping in their churches, but by shaping their
> businesses and their philanthropies according to the principles of their
> faith. They were devout Christian men who did good things. Their faith
> was intertwined inextricably with every aspect of their lives.
>
> The Bancrofts� faith became a legacy.
>
> Today, joggers and dog walkers at Wilmington�s Rockford Park, with its
> ancient oak trees and winding roads, go by the plaque commemorating the
> Bancroft who gave his farm to the city for public use. William Bancroft
> called on William Law Olmstead, who planned New York City�s Central Park,
> to design picturesque parks. Guided by the principle of the brotherhood
> of mankind, Bancroft provided city dwellers from all stations of life
> scenic open spaces to enjoy.
>
> The now abandoned Bancroft Mills was by 1930 one of the biggest cotton
> finishing mills in the world and a model of good employer/employee
> relations. Manager Samuel Bancroft regarded employees as extended family
> and treated them accordingly.
>
> As time goes by, most legacies prove written in water.
>
> So it is with the Bancroft legacy, which has quietly faded into the
> background of Delaware�s history. But the Bancroft family would have
> wanted it that way, as modesty was a virtue prized by their Quaker faith,
> as were Christian family and civic virtues.
>
> One of the Quakers� staunchest beliefs was that the authority of the
> state never took precedence over the authority of the individual
> conscience before God. The Quaker belief in the inner guiding light of
> Christ was so strong that they would not take any oath of allegiance to
> the state, nor would they bow to any demand of the state that interfered
> with their religious practices.
>
> At the time, the U.S. government generally respected Quakers and others�
> religious convictions, leaving believers of all faiths the freedom to
> follow their God and their consciences. There was a strong belief in
> freedom of religion as a right transcending the dictates of the state.
>
> We live in a different America today.
>
> We now live in a country in which the Bancroft family would be excoriated
> for their faith and viewed suspiciously for their Christian principles
> and virtues. Seldom in the history of the United States have Christians
> and others of faith been under more pressure to bend to the power of the
> almighty state, not just in business practices, but in their personal
> walk with God.
>
> One need only think of the confusion and dismay Samuel Bancroft would
> feel were he Hobby Lobby�s CEO David Green, whose objections of
> conscience to the Affordable Care Act caused a legal firestorm that
> eventually landed in the Supreme Court.

> [...]

Homosexuals and atheists combined don't even constitute 5% of
the world population, yet they are responsible for 90% of the
noise.

Just killl them off.

Put them down.

One at a time, ten at a time, it doesn't matter. Just start
putting them down along with the mentally confused who support
them.

After a few thousand or so, they'll get the message.

Where else could one get such a positive return on a cheap
message?

���