Upcoming change - Classic UI going away

Kyle Schneider

Feb 13, 2024, 7:09:38 AMFeb 13
to 'Google Groups' via AK PSUG
If you didn’t catch the notice in the February PowerSchool SIS Digest email, version 24.5.0.0 (due out in May) makes the new, “Enhanced UI” the only user interface available.

If you haven’t transitioned your customizations to the enhanced UI, the clock is ticking for those of you with auto-updates enabled. (Which is almost everyone.)

Starting with the PowerSchool SIS 24.5.0.0 (Back to School) release, the option to turn off the Enhanced User Interface will be removed and the Enhanced UI will be the only interface available for PowerSchool SIS. Versions before 24.5 will still include the Classic User Interface. To learn more about the Enhanced User Interface, refer to FAQs: PowerSchool SIS Enhanced User Interface Webinar on Community. Customizations might be affected by the Enhanced UI and may need to be adjusted. Technical Contacts can find Developer resources on the PowerSchool Developer site.

Kyle Schneider
GSD Educational Services
Desk: 907-917-4149
Cell: 802-281-8430
ky...@gsded.com

Tony Anzalone

Feb 13, 2024, 12:25:06 PMFeb 13
to ak-...@googlegroups.com
I apologise Kyle, being this is my first year would you explain a bit more what this means?

Thank you,

Tony Anzalone
Wrangell Public School District - Technology Director
P.O. Box 2285 - Wrangell AK - 99929

Kyle Schneider

Feb 13, 2024, 12:39:26 PMFeb 13
to ak-...@googlegroups.com

Brandon Shilson

Feb 13, 2024, 12:45:30 PMFeb 13
to ak-...@googlegroups.com
If you are going to ASTE this year Robin Gage and myself are presenting this Saturday on PowerSchool Data management and the Enhanced UI. We will discuss preparing for the enhanced interface and how to move legacy customizations to the new Interface.

Sincerely,

Brandon Shilson
Student Information System Manager
Lower Yukon School District