Schoology and Powerschool

Scott Johnson

Apr 18, 2024, 4:13:00 AMApr 18
to AK PSUG
Greetings everyone,

A question for anyone using Schoology and Powerschool.

My organisation has a loally hosted server for each and 450 students.
I have just started here.

Users have a different username and password for each system.

My question: is this normal?
Is there anyone who has SSO or just the one account to acccess both? (Do they talk to each other and can they use one as the Identity Provider?)

Sorry for what may seem a basic question.

Regards
Scott

Kyle Schneider

Apr 18, 2024, 8:58:21 AMApr 18
to ak-...@googlegroups.com
Self-hosted in Alaska? There aren’t too many of those left.

It’s been a while since I’ve worked with a school using Schoology, a lot of districts transitioned to Canvas a few years ago when the state was paying for it during COVID. If I recall, the standard solution for multi-product classrooms was PowerSchool’s “unified” login, however, I believe you either had to be cloud hosted or have EMS manage your servers to be able to use that feature.

A quick search of the PowerSchool Community turns up a couple articles about using SSO though - you might want to take a look at those. Districts typically use Google or O365 to facilitate SSO.