New Errormessages in ajm.ruby 0.9 Beta are great!

Visuelle Musik

Aug 9, 2010, 5:52:09 PM8/9/10
to ajm objects
Hi there,
just tested the new Beta-Version of ajm.ruby - my current scrips work
fine so far.
(To be honest, there aren't many yet, just started coding for MAX for
Live in Ruby one week ago.
But it's surely great to be able to port Ruby-Programs to MAX-Scrips
for use as ableton live plugings!)

The newly added extended error-print-out is great, in the last version
it just said "your script is wrong, correct it" or alike ;-)
Now there are error-messages quite like when coding ruby in for rails
in Eclipse for instance.

Example:
<script>:9:in `initialize': undefined local variable or method
`xfalse' for #<Max_notes:0x1f6321> (NameError)

So thanks very much to Adam J. Murray to make this happen - great job!

Regards,
Mathias (Brüssel, from Mainz - Germany)

PS: I'll be posting bugs when I find them - just thought positive
feedback is needed too :-)

Visuelle Musik

Aug 9, 2010, 5:52:53 PM8/9/10
to ajm objects

Adam Murray

Aug 10, 2010, 1:50:21 AM8/10/10
to ajm objects
Thanks for the feedback. The poor error reporting has driven me crazy
for a long time, and probably everyone else who has used this object
too.

I'm so glad it's fixed now, it will making writing Ruby scripts for
Max patches a lot easier.

I have a lot more improvements coming soon - I got very ambitious
about what I'm releasing in the next version. Should have a new beta
in a couple days...

Adam

On Aug 9, 2:52 pm, Visuelle Musik <visuelle.mu...@googlemail.com>