Can you help me with back compatibility?

Andrew Spitz

Oct 21, 2010, 6:10:41 AM10/21/10
to ajm objects
Hi Adam,

Your new version is looking great! It cleared many compiling issues I
had! Thanks for all your hard work.

So I tried to go through your change log and make my patch work but
with no luck. It boils down to me not really knowing Ruby, and my
friend I usually work with on this stuff is too busy. If it's not much
time, could you please take a look and see if you can make it work?
Would appreciate it very much but no worries if you can't.

Here's the link: http://www.soundplusdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/maxtotwitter.zip

Thanks!

Andrew

Visuelle Musik

Oct 25, 2010, 5:25:23 PM10/25/10
to ajm objects
Hi Andrew,
I agreed with Adam to have a look at your patch and got it working.
The easy part was to port to ajm.ruby 0.9x, the hard part was to get
the Twitter API and the Ruby-Gems for it done, as they switched to
oauth _and_ basic_auth, using Username and Password does not work
anymore, since September of this year.
I'll send you a prototype of the updated patch by mail now and the
final version as soon as I get it finished.

Regards,
Mathias (Brüssel, from Mainz - Germany)