End user Support_ Baltimore, MD
Performing desktop/printing/wireless support at all of the State of MD COVID-19 testing sites (currently ~20 sites located across the State).
This resource is needed due to the extended duration of these testing sites and increased level of technical support required at the sites in the areas of
· end-user support
· tablet and cell phone support
· wireless printing support
· WiFi or cellular connectivity support
Thus far, this need has been fulfilled by the State of MD OET in-house end user support team but that model has become unsustainable for the reasons above.
Duties of this resource would include:
1. being available remotely and in-person to the COVID-19 testing sites between 6:00am and 6:00pm, daily
2. traveling to remote sites as necessary, for user or hardware support
3. traveling to State of MD Headquarters (201 W. Preston St) to receive instruction and/or hardware from State of MD OET staff
4. Maintaining accurate inventory of IT hardware resources in use at testing sites
5. Working with and taking direction from OET Telecommunications Manager and OET End-user Technical Support Supervisor
6. installing, configuring, troubleshooting, replacing Windows-based tablets and Android-based tablets
7. Android and Apple cell phones,
8. HP printers
9. Connectivity to existing VEIP WiFi and/or cellular hotspot connectivity
10. connectivity to CRISP and State of MD online applications
Education: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field. A Master's Degree is preferred.