database supported by AjaxPortal+how to convert AjaxPortal to use SQL Server

Arvind Chari

Aug 26, 2012, 5:28:51 PM8/26/12
to ajaxp...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Is SQL Server supported out of the box by Ajax portal?

if it is not, then how do I go about converting Ajax Portal to use SQL Server (I am assuming that it  uses MySQL now?)

I can work on the database conversion, specifically, how is the database accessed from code in  Ajax Portal--

(a) Straight forward java code where the entire query against database is hardcoded.
(b) Use of a framework to make it easier/logically organised to write queries against the database-- in this case the queries will not be straightforward?
(c) How and in what manner is Ajax code used to make queries against database? This will help me better understand how to modify those queries to work against SQL Server.

Regards,
Arvind.