Ajax-Solr timing out?

Dave Kaye

Oct 21, 2014, 7:51:45 PM10/21/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

So I've got a basic Ajax-Solr setup working and it returns the results I want but it seems after an inconsistent period of time or number of searches it just stops working, returning no results to the screen.  It looks like Solr is still returning data so is there some way in which I'm inappropriately initializing or resetting the template that causes it to stop displaying results?

Thanks,

Dave.

James McKinney

Oct 21, 2014, 8:31:28 PM10/21/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Are there any errors in the JavaScript console when using Chrome or Firefox?

Dave Kaye

Oct 22, 2014, 12:10:25 PM10/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Nope, nothing.  I get the "Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/plain: etc" but figure that's just what returns when SOLR is doing its job.  That warning continues after the script stops working which makes me think it's something to do with the template.

Dave Kaye

Oct 22, 2014, 12:34:00 PM10/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Further fodder, if I query something that doesn't exist in the DB (i. e. "ajkjwkjwhke") I get the exact same error.

James McKinney

Oct 22, 2014, 2:24:43 PM10/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Not sure. Sometimes ajax-solr can generate “Unresponsive script” warnings if the Solr response is really very large, but that’s not the case here.

I would try logging what the last ajax-solr request to Solr was, and to then try to re-run that query against Solr directly to see what happens. You can log requests using either the Network tab in Chrome or Firefox developer tools, or by console.log at the right place in ajax-solr.

Dave Kaye

Oct 22, 2014, 2:52:02 PM10/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
You mean report the Ajax-solr request variables using console.log?  They are unchanged.  Exactly what I expect them to be.  Also, if it's a problem with the request then I wonder why it just stops dead in the water?  I can't re-query the app without reloading the page.

It's a mystery.  Nothing is irregular or unexpected.  The SOLR stack itself is reporting no errors.  I know things never "just stop working" but this just stops working.

Dave Kaye

Oct 22, 2014, 4:24:09 PM10/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Oh man, when you hear hoofbeats think horses...there's nothing wrong with the app.  It simply appears "broken" when it runs a query that returns no records.  Smack on the head for me.  Thanks James!

Dave.

Dave Kaye

Oct 30, 2014, 6:01:09 PM10/30/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Actually no, something is broken.  If I generate a generic query that returns no records then all is well.

But if I generate a more elaborate query that returns no records, the app goes down and cannot be reset without re-loading the page.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Dave.