Internet Explorer & AJAX

John Rusnak

Jul 22, 2014, 9:32:19 AM7/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I have a nicely functioning  AJAX interface for my solr engine which I have built based around the Reuter's tutorial (with an html/css base and javascript widgets).
It works in all browsers except Internet Explorer. (IE will load the basic html & css but none of the js/jQuery widgets).

After a simple search, I found that AJAX & IE have a long history of incompatibility - is there any way I can change this?
All I need is for the ResultWidget.js that shows up in Firefox and Chrome to also show up in IE. A specific answer would be great - but any help at all would be appreciated.

-JR

John Rusnak

Jul 22, 2014, 9:40:47 AM7/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Also, the console is displaying the following error on load:

 parsererror, Error: jQuery1720675746543883599_1406036274572 was not called

James McKinney

Jul 22, 2014, 1:37:07 PM7/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Which version of IE?

John Rusnak

Jul 23, 2014, 10:19:01 AM7/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Tested with I.E. 10.0

James McKinney

Jul 23, 2014, 10:22:15 AM7/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Does the Reuters tutorial load, but your own interface doesn’t?

John Rusnak

Jul 23, 2014, 1:25:24 PM7/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
The Reuters Demo Site loads fine via IE 10, as does my local file when connected to the Reuters tutorial server but when I point the sorlURL in reuters.js to my local solr server then the index page loads nothing.

I would think it was a server issue but the server loads fine in Firefox & Chrome.

James McKinney

Jul 23, 2014, 1:53:23 PM7/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
It’s likely that IE10 is having an issue parsing the JSON from Solr. What JavaScript errors do you see? IE 10 has a Script Console under Developer Tools where you can see the errors.

John Rusnak

Jul 23, 2014, 2:03:45 PM7/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
It just started working!

IE was blocking scripts

IE suddenly gave me the error message:
"Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or active x controls"
along with an option to "allow blocked content".

I can only assume this had been happening all along and I had missed it, however that seems an odd thing to've missed for so many hours. Nonetheless, it's working now! Thank you!

John Rusnak

Jul 23, 2014, 2:05:27 PM7/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
This was - I believe because I had been running the page locally. Should not be a problem once I load it to the server - thanks again!