Any way to check status of request

Dave Kaye

Jan 12, 2015, 2:40:38 PM1/12/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to check the status of an Ajax-SOLR request?  Particularly if a request has been made that returns no results?

Thanks,

Dave.

Dave Kaye

Jan 12, 2015, 2:43:32 PM1/12/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
CLARIFICATION: Specifically, is there any way to tell if the query is broken / bad?  Like for instance a query with an odd number of quotes in it will "break" but then does that throw some kind of error?

James McKinney

Jan 12, 2015, 2:59:47 PM1/12/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
If Solr errors, then ajax-solr should error.

Dave Kanter

Jan 12, 2015, 3:35:32 PM1/12/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure how to test for that and it doesn't seem like I get any error feedback from Ajax-Solr.  Just a spinning search graphic.  But I do get a 400 error in the JS console so I know I can monitor the status of the AJAX request. Just wondering if there was more of an "Ajax-Solr Way" of doing things.

Again thanks,

Dave.

Dave Kanter

Jan 12, 2015, 3:52:29 PM1/12/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I see what's going on in Manager.jquery.js.  Should I extend that errorhandler, perhaps?

James McKinney

Jan 12, 2015, 3:58:32 PM1/12/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I would recommend changing the manager’s code to suit your needs.