Blueimp's AJAX Chat for phpbb 3.1

Terry Johnson

Jul 13, 2016, 9:29:00 PM7/13/16
to AJAX-chat
I downloaded and Installed Blueimp's AJAX Chat. The database files are installed. The chat interface opens. but cannot submit anything to the chat. does not show who is logged in. nothing functions. Launches with no errors, but dose not work. Need help!

Bobby Russ

Jul 13, 2016, 9:49:08 PM7/13/16
to Terry Johnson, AJAX-chat

This is unfortunately a known issue with some installations.

On Jul 13, 2016 9:29 PM, "Terry Johnson" <terry....@gmail.com> wrote:
I downloaded and Installed Blueimp's AJAX Chat. The database files are installed. The chat interface opens. but cannot submit anything to the chat. does not show who is logged in. nothing functions. Launches with no errors, but dose not work. Need help!

Terry Johnson

Jul 13, 2016, 10:00:47 PM7/13/16
to AJAX-chat
So what do I do? If it is a known issue someone should have a solution. duh?

Fabian Wilson

Jul 14, 2016, 12:11:48 PM7/14/16
to Terry Johnson, AJAX-chat
Hi Terry,
Just delete the database and reinstall this works most of the time.

Bobby Russ

Jul 14, 2016, 12:57:21 PM7/14/16
to Fabian Wilson, AJAX-chat, Terry Johnson

I haven't been able to get a solution other than using 0.8.7 and that's just barely working with errors.  Tried re-installing, wiping everything, and running side by side with a stand alone.

There are a number of us in this boat. Ajax chat is inching closer to being a legacy project.

Fabian Wilson

Jul 14, 2016, 3:16:46 PM7/14/16
to Bobby Russ, AJAX-chat, Terry Johnson
Are you using free hosting or a local server?

Bobby Russ

Jul 14, 2016, 3:34:15 PM7/14/16
to Fabian Wilson, AJAX-chat, Terry Johnson

Pay for my server with root access.  Never had problems until php bb 3.1 was released

Frug

Jul 16, 2016, 12:20:52 PM7/16/16
to AJAX-chat, fabian...@gmail.com, terry....@gmail.com
Do your server error logs show anything when you try to view chat?
Does your javascript console show any javascript errors?
What do you see when you view www.yourdomain.com/yourforum/chat?ajax=true
Is it XML, blank, or some error?

Стамен Стойчев

Jul 29, 2016, 10:33:22 AM7/29/16
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Same situation here. Logout button doesn't do anything, posting messages does nothing, online users are empty. No JS errors. Database tables were created correctly but remain empty.

The only error I managed to observe - if I am trying to log in through Ajax Chat's interface it would navigate me to an error page in phpbb saying my username was incorrect. Using the same credentials there would navigate me back to Ajax Chat's main page where nothing works as already explained.

Any possible causes for this issue are greatly appreciated.

phpbb vers. 3.1.9
ajax chat: 0.8.8 (integrated)

Frug

Jul 30, 2016, 10:18:32 PM7/30/16
to AJAX-chat
The only way you can get help with these issues is if you can provide php error logs and/or javascript console logs.

Стамен Стойчев

Aug 2, 2016, 4:56:34 AM8/2/16
to AJAX-chat
If only there were any :)