Paul Bennis

Jul 3, 2014, 11:41:08 AM7/3/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I was wondering what I would modify to change the color of *just* the timestamps next to users names before each message.  I just want to gray it out a bit, because being the same color as the chat takes a bit of attention away from the chat messages in my theme.  I looked around in my theme's (Mercury) .css and the config.php files and haven't found anything useful, but then again maybe I'm blind.

Thanks a lot!

R3bify

Jul 4, 2014, 2:38:27 AM7/4/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
if you want to modify just the timestamp, you're going to have to go into the js/chat.js file and find the function that adds messages to the chatlist.. iirc it's called "addMessageToChatList" (I'm not currently looking at the code) and then find the time variable and give it its own div tags, that way you can add an id and then set the text colour for that div in your css files. Or, you just set the colour as an inline style so it's the same in all themes, but that could potentially clash so I wouldn't advise it.

Doc gWorldz

Jul 4, 2014, 4:42:28 AM7/4/14
Not sure if this can help you or not but heres an old mod than can point you in the right direction

http://gworldz.com/cxc/AJAXChatMods/#salvage/AJAXChat-Date Time Clock Mod

Edit bleh taht won't help much it doesn't direct link like it should :(

Go to http://gworldz.com/cxc/AJAXChatMods/
Open AJAXChat MODS INDEX
Look in the Salvage section for the AJAXChat-Date Time Clock Mod

It helps you locate where to find the timestamp then you just wrap it in a class  you can define in styles,

... and wrap it in span tags not div tags div will complicate things and require css to make the div act like a span tag

Frug

Jul 4, 2014, 11:14:04 AM7/4/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
In your mercury.css file add a CSS rule for class dateTime like this

#content .dateTime { color: #ff0000; }

Doc gWorldz

Jul 5, 2014, 12:51:36 AM7/5/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
hahahah sometimes the simplest answers are the best :D

It didn't even occur to me that all the work had already been done :P

Paul Bennis

Jul 5, 2014, 9:55:14 AM7/5/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, huge thanks to Frug, that definitely did the trick.