Pass userid etc to new page in iframe

Ingrid Sedé

Feb 22, 2014, 11:14:05 AM2/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

I'd like to add a snapshotfunctionality to my standalone Ajaxchat. I have now this page inside an iframe that holds the camera and underlying php upload script.
I want to be able to store the taken shots by passing the userid for the creation of the upload dir. How on earth do i extract the user information without having the user logging on separately?

R3bify

Feb 22, 2014, 2:42:47 PM2/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
try passing the userID in the url. like "?id=userID" or something like that, as long as whatever code you have under is set to take info from the url. Like... $id = $_POST['id']; or something like that.

Ingrid Sedé

Feb 22, 2014, 4:34:44 PM2/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I allready went ahead and am utilizing the session variable that the new page creates with

<?php

session_start();
?>

Since there's no need to bind the pic's to a registered user for future use i thus don't need the user id. The functionality that i wanted was for users to make a snapshot on the fly to drop them on the chatlist for facecheck or for fun.
I'm allready that far that folders and subfolders are created based on the session_id and store the snaphot and thumbnail in them.
For now it's to late and i'm tired but later on i gonna work on the brows.php so that the user only sees his/her own pic's.
I'm confident that i get it to work very smoothly. ;-)