Work in progress, The RegistrationPLUS module, Admin Management features in progress

Negative Edge

Dec 14, 2019, 7:43:07 AM12/14/19
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
The first thing I will remake is the registration mod.

I will call it the RegistrationPLUS module.

FYI, everything I create will be for the stand alone version of this chat.

The registration mod will allow you the admin to register along with your members without the need to edit your users.php and will store their info in your webservers database.
this will also include a mod for avatar uploads and a in chat profile panel where you can click on anyone's avatar and pull up their information.

Although there are moderating features in the chatroom, admins and mods can simply click on a users profile picture to view their panel and have the ability to ban or silence their users if needed.
It will be similar to the first image posted below.

*FYI, this is designed for my site, the image is only to give you an idea of what I am doing for the standalone Ajax chat

Screenshot_10.png

And yes I have created a way (or a dirty trick lol) where admins can change user roles on the fly without having to edit the users.php and telling your users to leave and rejoin.

Anyway with my work schedule, I should have this completed in about a weeks time and I will update on here and on my website, https://negative-edge.net

Thank you!

Miles

Dec 16, 2019, 7:12:37 PM12/16/19
to AJAX-chat
So far I might have been more of a phpBB and RPG guy to be able to fully appreciate your work, but I admit to have looked at some of your creative ideas and tried hard to implement similar solutions to my project.
Please keep it up. It's appreciated nonetheless.

cheers

Negative Edge

Dec 17, 2019, 8:27:52 PM12/17/19
to AJAX-chat
Thanks! will be posting more progress shortly!

Negative Edge

Dec 21, 2019, 4:25:36 PM12/21/19
to AJAX-chat
Just posting that im still here, but Ill need a few more days to finish this. My job got in the way so we going to aim for the 28th or sooner.

thank you.

I will keep you all updated.

Negative Edge

Dec 22, 2019, 2:02:26 PM12/22/19
to AJAX-chat

Some progress...

I wrote my own installation script for this project that will be compatible with your standalone Ajax chat installation.

This script will first check to see if a connection is made to the Mysqli Database.

Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_14.png

The images above demonstrates if the connection is successful or not.

Proceeding to the next step, there will be a slightly animated table installation script installing the required database tables

Screenshot_15.png

Once the installation is complete, the following step is to make yourself the admin of your chat community.
you can add a space to your name if you like, the script will make it compatible for the chat.
An avatar feature is implemented and there will be a feature which will require your email incase you need to recover  your account.
so yes, when this is ready, Inform your members to use a LEGIT email.
I am also adding an activation script with this for your members to verify and activate their accounts.
I will also add a secret question feature for added account security.
Passwords will be encrypted also for more security.

Screenshot_16.png

with this, you will NOT need to edit your users.php to add users.
They can simply register on their own and there will be a custom profile panel for whoever avatar you click on
to moderate the user in question, also ti change roles on the fly.

I will be back with more soon! :)

Negative Edge

Dec 31, 2019, 8:39:03 AM12/31/19
to AJAX-chat

Negative Edge

Dec 31, 2019, 8:39:36 AM12/31/19
to AJAX-chat

Negative Edge

Dec 31, 2019, 8:42:13 AM12/31/19
to AJAX-chat
As stated with the updated title. Sorry for keep pushing the deadline further but work gets in the way and we are short staffed at my job..

But its very close to completion, This first step for public usage. I will be back with more info soon.

Negative Edge

Jan 21, 2020, 2:30:54 AM1/21/20
to AJAX-chat

Screenshot_24.png

I know I've been quiet, but im still here.

The custom installation and registration mod is for the most part complete, now working on the community portal like front page and forum part for the chat

Negative Edge

Jan 24, 2020, 8:03:44 PM1/24/20
to ajax...@googlegroups.com

Screenshot_25.png
Screenshot_26.png

More updates, added an admin section and making a front page portal like system using the skin you selected from the chat.

Well the skin selection can be controlled from the front page too

Anyway. The registration module for this is done, making it a complete package now.

Negative Edge

Jan 27, 2020, 8:07:57 PM1/27/20
to AJAX-chat

Screenshot_28.pngScreenshot_32.pngScreenshot_33.png

Screenshot_35.pngScreenshot_34.png

Screenshot_27.png

This Group structure is hella weird with the images and positioning, Anyway, I am back to report that I am halfway done with the Administration part with this project.

So far in all, this is what I have done for this package:
  • a Web installation script with Root Admin registration
  • Front page portal that complements the style sheets Ajax Chat Uses
  • A users online for seeing who is browsing the website
  • a realtime Chat viewer to see who all are in the chatroom
  • a public registration script where users can register with a breeze
  • Avatars added on site and works in the chat
  • a functioning admin system that can manage your members,
  • Also make changed to the chats config.php
  • Also can change you user roles
  • Also can manage your chants channels (adding, editing, or deleting them

More will come, take a look at the images to see whats done.

Negative Edge

Mar 8, 2020, 1:12:00 PM3/8/20
to AJAX-chat
Sorry for the long absence. Life and adulating got in the way.

This project is still going on and before next week ends I will post more updates.
Please be patient with me, Thanks

Negative Edge

Apr 5, 2020, 10:16:03 AM4/5/20
to AJAX-chat
Just posting in case anyone was wondering. I know its been almost a month without any updates but this is still going on.

Ill be back in the next two weeks or less with some more updates or a release

Darth-Apple

May 26, 2020, 11:51:25 PM5/26/20
to AJAX-chat
This is very interesting. Thank you, I will be following this.

Negative Edge

May 27, 2020, 2:28:49 AM5/27/20
to AJAX-chat
Thanks.

Been busy with other things and been commissioned to do other projects for others, Thats why I haven't said much but this project is still in the works and I have made some progress.

Just putting out that this isn't abandoned.