AJAX-Chat Redirecting Me Back To Site HomePage

Adonix

Apr 16, 2014, 10:25:13 PM4/16/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi,.
using smf version ajax chat,..So by reading the instructions i uploaded the chat folder in root folder of site.
But when login to ajax chat, it redirects me back to site home page.
Kindly help me to fix this problem.

RicochetPeter

Apr 17, 2014, 2:30:02 PM4/17/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Having the exact same problem... anyone able to help?

RicochetPeter

Apr 17, 2014, 3:10:34 PM4/17/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hm, after editing index.php (changed error_reporting to "E_ALL" and back again to "0"), the page loads. WIll try with different browsers, too and report back if still broken.

Adonix

Apr 19, 2014, 2:56:59 AM4/19/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
In my case error reporting is zero only !!,..is somebody having a fix of this error ??...not even the developers have a proper ansewr !! :(

Frug

Apr 19, 2014, 12:31:44 PM4/19/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Do you have guest logins enabled? Are you logged into your forum?

Adonix

Apr 20, 2014, 1:47:37 AM4/20/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
yes i am logged into forum before logging to ajax chat page !!
And guest login enable where ??...on forum or ajax chat ??

Adonix

Apr 21, 2014, 7:45:16 AM4/21/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Is there nobody who can fix this error ??
this error is not solved yet !!...i want this chat badly !!
please help me to solve this error !! :(

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 21, 2014, 8:05:00 AM4/21/14
Guest login in your forum folder/chat/lib/config.php file

If its on, turn it off.

If you still having problems, then this chat is not for you.

I bet its something you did since we cant reproduce the error and no one else seems to be having that issue.
Or else, it can be something with your server host.

Adonix

Apr 21, 2014, 8:29:55 AM4/21/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Guest login is true,.i made if false.
but problem not fixed !!
when logging,..i am redirecting back to site homepage !!
moreover contacted server host ceo he also said that this is problem of this software !!
kindly help !!
i think i have done a mistake in installing ??
i have uploaded chat folder in root,..after that opened chta/install.php,...
it said database created...then opened index.php..
in index.php login template is coming good,..but when logging it's redirecting to site home page,...
in installing have i missed something ??

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 21, 2014, 9:34:55 AM4/21/14
I am pretty sure its not the software because im running tests on the smf integrated version and I have no login issues at all.
I seriously believe your host don't know what he is talking about and just openly made that assumption didnt offer to look into it

(Thank god I have my own dedicated server and don't have to rely on shitty tech support from shared hosts...)

Try the standalone version and see if that works. If it does then you are better off with that rather than the intergrated version for whatever the reason.

Anyway I am also working on a bridge connection for the standalone version to work with any forum software, but its in development stages as of now.

Mano

Apr 21, 2014, 5:11:20 PM4/21/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure  if this prob is same as a time ago but this problem came  by for about  1.5 or 2 year ago and  is solved.
The titel was something  like" log in  and  immediately log out" ...

I remember the  modification was simple, but i'm sorry for  now, i dont remember what or where to change but  if  old post  are here it  is  findable.

Adonix

Apr 21, 2014, 11:11:59 PM4/21/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Please help,...try to recognize that what was the solution !!
please help me i badly need this chat !!
please try to remember where is that topic !!
mod authors please support me !!

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 22, 2014, 6:54:45 AM4/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Whining, pouting and having a temper tantrum wont get you help.
Plus some of us already gave you some options to try and I doubt you tried them.

Like I asked earlier, Have you tried to install the stand alone version to see if you can log in or not? I know you want the smf intergrated version to work but we dont know what the problem is because we havent experienced it for ourselfs.

Apparently there was a user that said there was a fix for thins but it was long ago so I would suggest you use the search feature on google groups or the old source forge support page if you really want an answer.

If not and you continue to act like this, I suggest you look for another chat software.
I don't mean to be harsh but your behavior makes people stay away from your topic.

Adonix

Apr 22, 2014, 8:29:09 AM4/22/14
well this behavior shows the love of me for this ajax chat :) i don't know that what's the error is about and what to search in old topics !! Moreover i do not want to use any other chat system !!
i know you are not rude at all inspite of that you will help me for this problem,...that i am sure about !!
Can this error be linked with database ??...am i have to do something in tables created ??...or it's the problem of file permissions ?

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 22, 2014, 8:47:15 AM4/22/14
It could be the permissions. try changing the files and directories, all except the lib folder and its contents to 777 (if your host server doesn't allow 777 then use 755)

Also did you try to install the standalone version just to determine its an issue your having with the integrated version or not?

Adonix

Apr 22, 2014, 9:14:46 AM4/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
i don't believ it standalone version is working !!!!

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 22, 2014, 9:25:45 AM4/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
ok when you installed the smf version, where was the folder for the chat?

Inside your forum folder or outside of it?

Adonix

Apr 22, 2014, 9:39:27 AM4/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
it's just on server where all site files or say folders are !
simply it's on "public_html" where all files are present

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 22, 2014, 9:50:56 AM4/22/14
Ok I think that's the reason why the integrated version isn't working. the chat folder for the smf integrated version is supposed to be inside your smf forum folder.

install the smf integrated version again and place the chat folder inside your smf forum folder and try to run it again.

Example: public_html/your smf forum/chat/

Adonix

Apr 22, 2014, 9:57:16 AM4/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
but i don't have any smf folder !!...i have all my files in public_html,..no public_html/your smf forum/chat/

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 22, 2014, 10:05:59 AM4/22/14
so all of your forum files are in the public_html?

IMO bad idea but whatever....

Anyway add the chat folder from the smf intergrated package to the public_html.

should be like this:

public_html/chat/

Adonix

Apr 22, 2014, 10:16:19 AM4/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Yes it's like that only !!
then i uses public_html/chat/install.php

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 22, 2014, 10:26:42 AM4/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
so it was like that when you were having problems?

also are you using the same database that smf use to install the chat?

Adonix

Apr 22, 2014, 10:34:50 AM4/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
yes the things you are saying are same as i done database is same for chat and smf and previously i was doing like this only

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 22, 2014, 11:14:01 AM4/22/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
OK well if you are still having issues with the smf integrated version then I would suggest for the time being that you use that standlone version.

Mano

Apr 23, 2014, 3:16:01 AM4/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
just for info: the smf-chat version should  be working, here  it  does and  my forum is installed on  the root  so maybe  hoster  issius? ( php vers, etz)
But  i'm curius if  standalone  will doe fine....

Adonix

Apr 23, 2014, 3:20:23 AM4/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
ok you are saying fault of my hoster !!...am i right ?
if it's fault of php vers. or problem of hoster then how a standalone version is working perfectly ????
i have also mentioned above that standalone version is working.
kindly help as i only need smf version. as in standalone version i have to make entry of each user !!

Mano

Apr 23, 2014, 4:36:42 AM4/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
wrong, only sugguested it "could be"  hoster issius, and  sorry i did  miss  your earlyer metion  about standalone version.

Then it must be a conflict between your smf and ajax..... maybe your Theme is the  problem? however i wonder  how but  i know there are  sometimes  prob's with theme's and "extra"  installed software (mod's).

I remember i istalled as follow : original smf theme, then ajaxchat ( and  got it working )  and then my theme i use  now, and then  a portal theme and  it works fine.
To test and  maybe find the problem :You couldn try to install a new smf and  chat in  a clean folder  beside  your  forum now? ( let's say name  it  forum2, www.yoursite/forum2/chat )

I hope  you got it  work because  i'm out  of  ideas.

Adonix

Apr 23, 2014, 5:26:13 AM4/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
you are 100% correct !!
i also thinks it's problem of my mods installed and theme i am using !!
Hmm,.hope i get some other chat system like Ajax.

Mano

Apr 23, 2014, 5:46:11 AM4/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
try to find  the solution because there  ins't a better and  good free chat than this ajax-chat, the rest  maybe will work but  you must  pay ( for  some a terrible amount of  money) to get  it  work

good  luck ...

Adonix

Apr 23, 2014, 5:52:59 AM4/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
i tried to find the solution,..but but i give up !! :(
i cannot able to trace the error !!
i don't know what is creating a problem !!
frug is also not helping.
Now only 1 option,.."JESUS HELP ME" :(  :(  :(

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 23, 2014, 7:16:47 AM4/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com

As I said earlier, use the stand alone Version

and I am developing another way of integrating  a forum with the standalone version as an alternative.

Adonix

Apr 23, 2014, 8:02:18 AM4/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
use stand alone Version,..well i have to put each member name in it !! and what if a person has 1000+ members ?? :o
i am waiting for your ajax chat for smf modified version !!
at present i will be using stand alone Version.

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 23, 2014, 9:31:16 AM4/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I have an admin mod which contains a registration script with an installer and requires a few file edits.
Just make them register for now