User Modifications

AJAX-chat

Mar 20, 2014, 2:01:14 PM3/20/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
This thread is to serve as a list of links to user modifications.

There are also some common mods and examples on the wiki here: https://github.com/Frug/AJAX-Chat/wiki/General-modifications

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Mar 20, 2014, 2:50:07 PM3/20/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, ajax...@googlegroups.com
AJAX Chat Administration MOD

Features:

- User Management
- Channel Management
- Registration Mod Included
- Avatar Mod Included
- Password Reset Feature
- Mini Person Profile Page
- SQLBackup Dumps of your chatroom
- Custom Ban feature
- V.I.P Membergroup included

Any issues, bug fixes and updates can be found in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ajax-chat/G43LY06zTTQ

The Download can be found here:
http://clubsyn-x-treme.com/-X-Base/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=355

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Mar 31, 2014, 4:09:19 PM3/31/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, ajax...@googlegroups.com
Lightbox Image Mod

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ajax-chat/mUuUS_cEghs

This will take images you posted in your chat and turn them into a thumbnail and display in a lightbox frame when clicking the thumbnail.
Visit the link above for screenshots.

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Apr 3, 2014, 3:15:37 PM4/3/14
Multi Media Player.

can be opened or closes with a new button added to your chat or clicking a thumbnail to play a video.

Supports YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo,Twitchtv, JustinTv, Livestream, Gamespot, and IGN videos.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ajax-chat/MPjo8V5r4yA

Ingrid Sedé

Apr 7, 2014, 12:54:47 PM4/7/14
Private chat MOD BETA

With this mod it's possible to have private chats in a separate chatwindow/div.
Private chat MOD

The mod is not completely finished but the corefunctions are there.
Someone with better designerscales could do a far better job on this. ;-)

Klaus Hofmann

May 30, 2014, 5:41:18 AM5/30/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, ajax...@googlegroups.com, klaush...@aon.at
Hi, I have installed the MOD and it works quite well thank you first for this. There is a possibility that the mod with the Internet Explorer works? In Internet Explorer you can not click that the preview image, and no player links, it opens. Sometimes there are also problems with the AutoScroll feature, what could that be?

Ingrid Sedé

Jun 17, 2014, 10:02:48 AM6/17/14

I must say that i've completely changed the 'mod' and it would be cumbersome to make it available as a nice package to add seamlessly.
Besides the fact it's written to fit my exact needs i've also changed the way the History gets fetched. Not via a query to the DB but by
 letting messages written to the Dom as hidden.
If a thread became too long it took seconds to get the messages in and it looked stupid. Also, with higher numbers of visitors in mind it would
be a huge bottleneck.

From what i understand Syn is planning on building a package based on my efforts so if that's the case you can expect a crossbrowser state of the art
mod. :-)

Remark to Syn,

If you're interested in the way i handle the history of messages now i can post you the code to get an idea.

Ingrid Sedé

Jun 17, 2014, 10:10:50 AM6/17/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:02:48 PM UTC+2, Ingrid Sedé wrote:
Hi,

I must say that i've completely changed the 'mod' and it would be cumbersome to make it available as a nice package to add seamlessly.
Besides the fact it's written to fit my exact needs i've also changed the way the History gets fetched. Not via a query to the DB but by
 letting messages written to the Dom as hidden.
If a thread became too long it took seconds to get the messages in and it looked stupid. Also, with higher numbers of visitors in mind it would
be a huge bottleneck.

From what i understand Syn is planning on building a package based on my efforts so if that's the case you can expect a crossbrowser state of the art
mod. :-)

Remark to Syn,

If you're interested in the way i handle the history of messages now i can post you the code to get an idea.
It's all about Jquery and manipulating the dom.

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Jun 23, 2014, 9:33:42 PM6/23/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, ajax...@googlegroups.com
I made a work around integration bridge for Ajax chat that uses standalone 0.8.7 and my admin mod package and integrates them with your forum. So far I did it for SMF 2.0.7 and IPB 3.4.x.

Many people using the normal integration package found on GitHub then tried to install my admin mod not knowing that it will not work for the structure is sprta different so My bridge version allows you to use my admin package since its a requirement and will integrate your forum, Both SMF and IPB with the standalone version of the chat.
I was able to link your forum profile page to the chat and in IPB I can pull avatars from the forum to the chat. I Cant do it for Smf as of yet.

Also IPB, I was able to make an embedded version where you can put anywhere on your forum as a shoutbox if you like.

Other forum versions are on the way and it can work with any forum software by altering a few lines for compatibly.
For now I will leave it at IPB and SMF until 0.9 is official because I have a new Admin package in development but im saving it for 0.9, the official release.

The bridge integration packages can be found here: http://clubsyn-x-treme.com/-X-Base/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=61

Frug

Jul 9, 2014, 12:52:36 PM7/9/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, ajax...@googlegroups.com
R3bify has posted a mod that adds a link to a geolocation service on the users dropdown.

Cryian Sky

Jul 22, 2014, 7:38:35 PM7/22/14
Hello, i wonder if this chat script can be integrated with AZDG platinium dating script?

Message has been deleted

Doc gWorldz

Jul 22, 2014, 8:00:29 PM7/22/14
This thread is for sharing links for completed mods developed by the community. To discuss creating mods and/or integrations you should start your own thread.

Aphichat Treetaruyanon

Nov 26, 2014, 4:09:28 AM11/26/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I want to download but i can't

Rigo Amador

Jan 7, 2015, 9:29:44 PM1/7/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
No more MODs available, that sucks....

smcgw...@msn.com

Jan 24, 2015, 2:53:47 AM1/24/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I am unable to download your mod to take a look at it - is it still available? thx

smcgw...@msn.com

Ingrid Sedé

Feb 6, 2015, 10:11:50 AM2/6/15
NODEJS /socketio/ ELEPHANTIO working example

What i've made so far is a solution where the ajaxChat.php emits messages to the nodeserver that in turn notifies the affected sockets to update their chat.
It's nothing more than replacing the chatupdate that otherwise is handled by the timerrate in the config.js.

So the clients will only request data from the chat if ajaxchat thinks they should be informed.

First of all you should have a VPS or better. On shared hosting it’ll not be able to install and run!
The server needs nodejs to be installed and running with socketio (npm)installed.. I have 0.10.35-1nodesource1~wheezy1 running.

You’ll need elephantio (i have the latest version) for the communication between the php (Ajaxchat.php) and the Nodejsserver.
Use the directions supplied by elephantio that uses the composer to install the sourcefiles in your chat.
I put mine in the lib dir. The folder created is vendor. The include at the top of ajaxChat.php points to the autoloader.php in that folder.
In the classes.php the required classes for elephantio also point to a dir in the vendorfolder.

To much editing on the files to make a comprehensive howto:

You can compare docs next to oneother e..g. http://www.diffnow.com/

The documents edited are:
chat.js
AjaxChat.php
Classes.php
loggedIn.html (scriptlink to js for the socketio.js) You can also use a cdn for it.

the files config.php and config.js should have socketserverenabled to true with sockethost and port.
(i had trouble passing the host from the config.js to chat.js and had to fill in the url and port in chat.js)
The server.js file is the one that runs as the server on nodejs. It’s in the socketdir of the tar attached.
The server.js is the file that receives messages in json from ajaxChat.php and the client connect to and receive notifications from.

You should carefully look at the code to see if i did'nt make any mistakes but i'm pretty confident that it works in a clean and fresh copy of the standalone087.
Perhaps it would be wise to make exeptionhandlers i the server.js?
I'm moving on now to bring it to my own chat that i'm still building. With the knowledge i gained so far scalability is not to worry about anymore. :-)
SocketChatXml.tar.gz

Frug

Feb 24, 2015, 1:17:54 PM2/24/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I've opened up a github organization for AJAX Chat where users can start sharing their plugins if they want to put them in a central place. This was requested by user  caffeinewriter who's provided some interesting plugins there.

https://github.com/AJAX-Chat

If you want to have your stuff in the AJAX-Chat organization, let me know and I will fork your repo there and then make you a collaborator to give you permissions.

Michu Wader

Mar 20, 2015, 8:39:48 AM3/20/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
unfortunately I can not find it; /

raziasult...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2015, 3:48:18 PM12/17/15
to AJAX-chat, ajax...@googlegroups.com
Ajax chat missed user table, can we use phpbb_users table of phpbb forum, so newly registered person can chat with each other

i install Ajax chat at my forum, after installation i create one account at my forum (some thing like visitor account), and then i login at my forum, after that i go at chat link at which link i install Ajax chat script i was thinking once i logedin at forum with created user and login credentials after that i can post message in chat, but when i move at chat link there i see it is showing me login box, i am confused, at almost all sites, once we create account and then login at that site, then we can do there messaging, not seperate login required for chat, totally unlogical

i have check these files

chat/lib/data/users.php

$users[0] = array();
$users[0]['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_GUEST;
$users[0]['userName'] = null;
$users[0]['password'] = null;
$users[0]['channels'] = array(0);

// Sample admin user:
$users[1] = array();
$users[1]['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;
$users[1]['userName'] = 'admin';
$users[1]['password'] = 'admin';
$users[1]['channels'] = array(0,1);

// Sample moderator user:
$users[2] = array();
$users[2]['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;
$users[2]['userName'] = 'moderator';
$users[2]['password'] = 'moderator';
$users[2]['channels'] = array(0,1);

// Sample registered user:
$users[3] = array();
$users[3]['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;
$users[3]['userName'] = 'user';
$users[3]['password'] = 'user';
$users[3]['channels'] = array(0,1);

i can login with these static credentials for ajax chat, but i want newly registered person can chat with each other from forum created login credentials, no seperate login

in user.php table i am seeing static username and password,

i have created these tables as told in documentation
ajax_chat_online
ajax_chat_messages
ajax_chat_bans
ajax_chat_invitations

i am confused when new users creates accounts at my forum, then how they can chat with each others', newly created users through forum not going in users.php file, newly created users just going in forum db table

1) in users.php i need to add registered users manually, that's totally unlogical solution
2)

i am using same database for my forum and for chat i just imported above 4 tables in same database

when new users register at my forum those are going in this table "phpbb_users" can ajax chat picks users from my forum what's newly registerd

i read ajax chat is for phpbb then this script should pick new registered users from phpbb_users table of phpbb forum

but i test it what account i create for phpbb forum, after that login at phpbb forum after that i open chat link, but its not allowing me to chat its again asking for username and password,

if we create seperate user table for chat users, that's also looking unlogical

i want once we login at forum, after that once i go at chat link, then chat must started not i want to login again for chat,

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Dec 19, 2015, 5:40:53 AM12/19/15
to AJAX-chat, ajax...@googlegroups.com
This is not a help topic.

Message has been deleted

geneviv...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2017, 8:43:06 AM11/24/17
to AJAX-chat
Can someone upload a new link? Many of these are broken! Thanks!

hudasi...@gmail.com

May 16, 2018, 2:13:05 AM5/16/18
to AJAX-chat
Where can I download the latest Admin Mod by Syn ? Thanks !

coke

Dec 17, 2018, 12:23:15 PM12/17/18
to AJAX-chat
all these links are broken, can they be fixed?
Message has been deleted

ahmad muselli

Dec 1, 2019, 3:11:39 PM12/1/19
to AJAX-chat