JSON-ifying User and Channel lists

Banjo Fox

Sep 20, 2016, 1:58:35 PM9/20/16
to AJAX-chat
As part of another discussion (Adding users to the room lists URL below), Frug made a comment about wishing the chat used JSON instead of XML.
So, feeling industrious, I started working on doing just that (or at least making an attempt).

Right now what I have is the JSON formatted channel and user lists and PHP pages to display those lists (attached).
Currently everything is proof-of-concept (PoC), but once I get more familiar with parsing and modifying the JSON lists I will see what I can do about integration.

Help is of course appreciated ;)

Cheers

Banjo

Original thread