integration with custom framework (at least the login/user system)

Chazy Chaz

Jan 29, 2017, 8:13:30 PM1/29/17
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'd like to know how difficult would it be to integrate the chat into my custom framework.

At least, what I need is for my users to not have to authenticate, as the only way to access the chat is once you're authenticated.

Currently I'm initializing the chat inside my index.php after the login is confirmed, but then there's another login. My user system is a php class that saves/retrieves the data from a mysql database and populates the class object. I also may stop using php sessions in a near future but I think it does not affect this, cuz once is integrated is irrelevant how the authentication works.

I need to know how the chat handles the users and how would I replace the user system.

Thanks.

Banjo Fox

Jan 30, 2017, 11:08:18 AM1/30/17
to AJAX-chat
Chaz,

Theoretically it shouldn't be that hard to authenticate using a custom framework. I am actually hoping to do something similar myself.
If you look into one of the "standard" integrations (phpBB for example) and you'll see that you initialize the DB connections from /lib/custom.php.

Not sure if you also need to translate variables ($ADMIN = $administrator) for example but my understanding is that everything is controlled from that one file.

Banjo