Need use ajax chat from Android APP

Osvaldo Callegari

Jul 24, 2017, 6:26:32 PM7/24/17
to AJAX-chat

Hello fellas, i wanna ask if someone know how can i chat from my cellphone in Android, what data illl need to connect a chat room?
Best regards
Osvaldo

Bobby Russ

Jul 24, 2017, 6:44:27 PM7/24/17
to Osvaldo Callegari, AJAX-chat
That depends on what you mean.  You can install Ajax Chat onto a web server and use the URL to access the chat.  If I'm not mistaken, you can also embed that URL in an Android App.  I'm not sure how well that would work.  It's better to access it via a browser.  It also isn't really great on most Android phones.  It works, but... meh.  Tablets it is a little better, but AJAX Chat was more designed for the Desktop experience.

With this said, this project is barely supported at this point.  If you aren't invested into it and looking to integrate a chat system into an Android app, these are some ideas you may use:

https://medium.com/glucosio-project/how-to-add-a-live-chat-to-your-android-app-for-free-in-10-minutes-dfe2253720ce

https://sendbird.com/

-----
"Dance as if no one were watching,