Multiple Ajax Chats (each standalone) on same server

MrCouin

Oct 28, 2014, 10:30:03 AM10/28/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I use ajax chat (standalone mode) to chat with a friend which can't use skype.
I would use another chat (so, another folder, and another DB) to chat with another friend, but one chat itnerfering with the other : When I connect on one, it disconnects on the other (so I have to reconnect to get both chats ok), and when I log out from one chat, it logs off from the other.
I don't understand , as well as they have eachone their self DB and directory.

If someone has an idea ? :)

My server is WampServer 2.2 (Apache 2.2.22 / PHP 5.3.13 / MySQL 5.5.24), hosted on Windows 2003 Server.

Thanks :)
Couin

R3bify

Oct 28, 2014, 6:54:07 PM10/28/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Is there some reason that you can't just use one chat? It supports more than two people at a time...

MrCouin

Oct 29, 2014, 1:29:10 AM10/29/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The reason is I want two separates discussions windows. My two friends doesn't know each other.

Thanks :)

Fabian Wilson

Oct 29, 2014, 9:28:39 AM10/29/14
to MrCouin, ajax...@googlegroups.com
Can you just create a separate channel and assign each user user a channel ID.

R3bify

Oct 29, 2014, 3:47:34 PM10/29/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
You could always introduce them..

I wouldn't be surprised if your issue stemmed from sessions and cookies.

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Oct 29, 2014, 5:25:37 PM10/29/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
The only way this would officially work if separate domains are pointing in seperate directories in the same server.

I have done this before as an experiment merging multiple chats into one active chat from seperate locations.

Frug

Oct 31, 2014, 1:00:04 PM10/31/14
On the same server is easy. On the same page requires iframes.

If all you want is to put them on the same server, just install chat to two different folders, edit your lib/config.php and change the database tables to different tables (or set it to a different database completely) and run the installer on each copy.

There's absolutely no reason for it to be complicated ;)