Private message sounds?

Brandon Green

Dec 30, 2014, 11:24:47 AM12/30/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Looking into having an enable/disable button for private message sounds. Has anyone done this? I have some users that would like to play a sound when they get a private message, but not play the original sounds for every message.

If no one has done it, I'll look into doing the mod myself but just curious before I start.

Thanks
Brandon
Message has been deleted

marquisite

Jan 6, 2015, 8:53:20 AM1/6/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
This functionality is possible with the next AJAXChat release, which will have a separate private message sound file.

By setting the incoming message sound to nothing ("-") while keeping the private message sound setting to one of the sound options (e.g. sound_1) in the next AJAXChat release, you will get the functionality you're after.

Ingrid Sedé

Jan 7, 2015, 3:02:24 AM1/7/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
For the timebeing you could do:

playSoundOnNewMessage: function(dateObject, userID, userName, userRole, messageID, messageText, channelID, ip) {
        if(this.settings['audio'] && this.sounds && this.lastID && !this.channelSwitch) {
            if (channelID > 1000000000 && channelID < 1000001000) {
            this.playSound(this.settings['soundError']);  /// or another soundfile
            return;
            }

Frug

Feb 22, 2015, 2:34:16 PM2/22/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
If you are on standalone or mybb, this comes with the latest version 0.8.8 which you can grab from github if you know how. If you don't, or you're on some other integration version, you'll have to wait until the changes are introduced to your version. At any rate, this is in 0.8.8