David Elworthy

Jun 12, 2016, 6:42:56 PM6/12/16
to AJAX-chat
Hi I'm wondering if i can alter the join message chatbot sends with a unique message for each user which will be read from a mysql database?

If possible I'd like it to display a image too.

I've tried the basics, editing the message to see if BBcode works and html img tag within - login: '%s logs into the Chat.',
none of which work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Banjo Fox

Sep 15, 2016, 12:46:50 PM9/15/16
to AJAX-chat
David,

You may have to play with adding the functionality to the custom.js (server-side), or even the chat.js directoly to get that to work.

Frug

Sep 18, 2016, 1:47:33 PM9/18/16
to AJAX-chat
It looks like you're editing things into lang.js. As far as I know html tags work there. The line that adds your channel enter message is here
which literally inserts whatever you have there onto the page.