Embedded AJAX-Chat client in HTML?

John Draugr

Nov 27, 2016, 2:37:08 AM11/27/16
to AJAX-chat
Hi.

I have an AJAX chat room setup through my hosting provider. What I'd like to know is this. Can I embed the chat room client-side app in a html webpage so that it appears to be part of the overall site design of my website?

I looked around all night but can't find an answer. I have found other chat room type systems that give you a code snippet to paste within your webpage.html file and the chat room then appears within the webpage, but I cannot find any info on how to do this with Ajax. All I get when I install Ajax through my hosting provider is a link/url to the location of the Ajax client, but that is full screen and thus I lose the feel of the app being within my overall site design and that is the problem for me.

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
John

Cuore di angelo

Nov 27, 2016, 6:07:08 PM11/27/16
to AJAX-chat

biggardo

Jan 3, 2017, 4:51:49 AM1/3/17
to AJAX-chat
You could put the chat page inside an iframe on the webpage. That's what I've basically done here:

Zafer BAHADIR

Jan 25, 2017, 8:43:51 PM1/25/17
to AJAX-chat
Hello,

Easy way to add

Irame
<iframe src='domainname/chat/index.php?view=chat'></iframe>

or HML Object
<object type="text/html" data='domainname/chat/index.php&view=chat' style="width:100%;height:400px;"></object>