custom chat room sounds

Wise Frog

May 16, 2014, 3:53:48 PM5/16/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
hi I would like to know if i can add custom sounds to the room. I already have the default custom sounds.
but what exactly i am askin gis can i add a sound or sounds. like one that say s specifically "welcome username"
is there a way to do this? I am using the stand alone version.

thanks

Fabian Wilson

May 16, 2014, 5:05:13 PM5/16/14
to Wise Frog, ajax...@googlegroups.com
You add more sounds in lib/config.js

// Defines the sound that is played when normal messages are reveived:
soundReceive: 'sound_1',
// Defines the sound that is played on sending normal messages:
soundSend: 'sound_2',
// Defines the sound that is played on channel enter or login:
soundEnter: 'sound_3',
// Defines the sound that is played on channel leave or logout:
soundLeave: 'sound_4',
// Defines the sound that is played on chatBot messages:
soundChatBot: 'sound_5',
// Defines the sound that is played on error messages:
soundError: 'sound_6',

// Defines the available sounds loaded on chat start:
soundFiles: {
sound_1: 'sound_1.mp3',
sound_2: 'sound_2.mp3',
sound_3: 'sound_3.mp3',
sound_4: 'sound_4.mp3',
sound_5: 'sound_5.mp3',
sound_6: 'sound_6.mp3'
},

Wise Frog

May 16, 2014, 5:19:45 PM5/16/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, Wise Frog
this is all a gotta do wow ty much but i want to like hav a sound say welcome wisefrog how do we make then user specific?

Wise Frog

May 16, 2014, 6:47:13 PM5/16/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, Wise Frog

 just tryed // Defines the sound that is played on whisper:
        msg: 'sound_7',

dont work

Chris D

May 16, 2014, 9:08:06 PM5/16/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, Wise Frog
remove the comma if its the last sound you added, only have a comma for 1-6

so you should have osmething like

        soundFiles: {
          sound_1: 'sound_1.mp3',
        sound_2: 'sound_2.mp3',
        sound_3: 'sound_3.mp3',
        sound_4: 'sound_4.mp3',
        sound_5: 'sound_5.mp3',
        sound_6: 'sound_6.mp3',
         sound_7: 'sound_7.mp3'
  },

Wise Frog

May 16, 2014, 11:22:21 PM5/16/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, Wise Frog

thats what i have man i wanted this for whisper command is this corect?

// Defines the sound that is played on whispers:
        whispers: 'sound_7',

Fabian Wilson

May 17, 2014, 11:44:22 AM5/17/14
to Wise Frog, ajax...@googlegroups.com
I think he wants the sounds to say the users name when they log in.

FamilyWeb

May 18, 2014, 6:21:16 PM5/18/14
Well having a name announcement on log-in would be nice, however that's not quite what WiseFrog and I are trying to achieve.

What he and I are after is to have a custom sound that is strictly assigned to the chats whisper function and vocally outputs like this:

(Idea #1): " You have received a whisper from $user"  with $user being the senders name.

(Idea #2): More simplified version  - " Pssst! Somebody is whispering to you"

It's just a way to separate the incoming standard message from an incoming Whisper.

WiseFrog and I are both hoping we can figure a way to achieve this, or someone figures it out and shares their discovery.

Maybe Frug himself has an idea or two.. hint, hint! :)

marquisite