Greetings From Zer0/FuSi0N. SyNerGized Mods now Belongs to me.

z.fusion...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2015, 4:25:09 PM12/26/15
to AJAX-chat
Hello, Zer0/FuSi0N is the name and I am the persion that will be taking over SyN's works.

According to SyN, he lost his files during a server transfer from a dedicated host that was upset at him leaving and terminated the transfer and deleted all of his data.
Luckily SyN Gave me an update in progress that he planned on releasing on new years but that will be put on hold because of this mishap plus I am making my own alterations to this mod that I think thats needed.
For instance you will be able to edit your config.php file from the admin panel and SyN has set this new version up to where this will no longer rely on cookies or sessions for access.

At the moment whenever work does not get in the way, I am working on my website, (I am actually coding a forum myself and designing it to be made for ajax chat.), when its ready then I will share the url with everyone when its ready. Until then I will keep everyone posted with my progress.

A huge thanks to SyN for creating such a thing because it was needed.

With your help, lets continue to make this chat software he best there is out there!

-Zer0

Kevin "Ingwie Phoenix" Ingwersen

Dec 26, 2015, 5:58:32 PM12/26/15
to z.fusion...@gmail.com, AJAX-chat
Hey.

> Am 26.12.2015 um 22:25 schrieb z.fusion...@gmail.com:
>
> Hello, Zer0/FuSi0N is the name and I am the persion that will be taking over SyN's works.
Nice to meet you!

> According to SyN, he lost his files during a server transfer from a dedicated host that was upset at him leaving and terminated the transfer and deleted all of his data.
Did he use some kind of private service? Terminating an SCP/rSync transfer and thus whiping the data is pretty much illegal. He should check his contract and file a lawsuit. This is definitively wrong and off in too many ways.

> Luckily SyN Gave me an update in progress that he planned on releasing on new years but that will be put on hold because of this mishap plus I am making my own alterations to this mod that I think thats needed.
> For instance you will be able to edit your config.php file from the admin panel and SyN has set this new version up to where this will no longer rely on cookies or sessions for access.
No cookies or session to access?

How on earth are you planning to track a user’s presence. There is virtually no other option. You either use a JWT with an attached session iD, actual session data and the SID as cookie, OR just the cookie. But otherwise, you’d loose the user’S information each time and would have to require a password each time.

In other words: You won’t be able to pull that off.

> At the moment whenever work does not get in the way, I am working on my website, (I am actually coding a forum myself and designing it to be made for ajax chat.), when its ready then I will share the url with everyone when its ready. Until then I will keep everyone posted with my progress.
Do you plan on open-sourcing the software on a platform such as GitHub?

> A huge thanks to SyN for creating such a thing because it was needed.
>
> With your help, lets continue to make this chat software he best there is out there!
>
> -Zer0

Well, good luck. There is basically no other chat software out there, except these based on NodeJS and WebSockets - usually SocketIO.

I too will let people know when I get to resurrect my work here. As you can see here, https://github.com/DragonsInn/BIRD3 - I have had a long jurney with this. If you navigate to

app/App/Modules/Chat/lib/integrations/BIRD3

you can find the prototype and current layout of my code. I will adhere to these rules:

- Modify the standalone version first, since integrations derive.
- Any BIRD3 specific code stays in the integrations/BIRD3 folder.
- JavaScript ES5 and strict syntax will be used outside the BIRD3 code, to allow backwards compatibility to older browsers.

Those are simple, yet powerful. This ensures that I can port most of the BIRD3 features into the AjaxChat. So far:

- Use HTML5 for audio, drop flash.
- Use a soundpack system
- Highlight whispers.
- Add a few commands.

When navigating to the BIRD3 project, see TODO.md and MigrationRundown.md. They hold a few of my notes on what I will be doing. Im currently rewriting my frontend, and then finalizing my User stuff. So itll take a little bit more time. But anyway.

If you have any PHP or JavaScript related questions, or in concerns with the chats internals, feel free to message me.

Kind regards,
Ingwie.