Paul Bennis

Jun 1, 2014, 12:19:38 AM6/1/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I know another guy asked about how to disable audio all together.  I'd like to keep the option, but turn it off by default for my users.  What setting would I adjust to do so?

Thanks!

Fabian Wilson

Jun 1, 2014, 12:32:36 AM6/1/14
to Paul Bennis, ajax...@googlegroups.com
Look in js/config.js
and change audioVolume to 0.0

// Defines if sounds are played:
audio: true,
// Defines the sound volume (0.0 = mute, 1.0 = max):
audioVolume: 1.0,

// Defines the sound that is played when normal messages are reveived:
soundReceive: 'sound_1',
// Defines the sound that is played on sending normal messages:
soundSend: 'sound_2',
// Defines the sound that is played on channel enter or login:
soundEnter: 'sound_3',
// Defines the sound that is played on channel leave or logout:
soundLeave: 'sound_4',
// Defines the sound that is played on chatBot messages:
soundChatBot: 'sound_5',
// Defines the sound that is played on error messages:
soundError: 'sound_6',

Paul Bennis

Jun 1, 2014, 12:59:48 AM6/1/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, pa...@paulbennis.com
Yes, I understand that disables *all* sounds.  I've already reduced the sound volume to 0.3.  However, I still want to *retain* the sound function by clicking the sound icon, but I want it to be off by default.  If new users want to turn it on, they should click the button for the functionality, but most users are annoyed by it to start with.

Frug

Jun 2, 2014, 2:39:19 PM6/2/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com, pa...@paulbennis.com
From the above config array, setting

audio
: false,

Should have the button disabled by default. I believe it then stores the last state of that button in a cookie for you, so it will remember. If you want it not to remember the last choice, you can add 'audio' to the nonPersistentSettings array in config.php like this

// Defines a list of settings which are not to be stored in a session cookie:
nonPersistentSettings: ['audio'],