vBulletin Integration

Mirko Gubinelli

Feb 11, 2014, 11:10:04 AM2/11/14
I downloaded the "Development Releases" trying to integrate it into my vBulletin but I did not succeed. I do not know if vBulletin is not yet supported.

I have a test-board (vB4.2.2), it can be useful?

AJAX Chat vers. 0.8.7 on vBulletin 4.2.2

Mirko Gubinelli

Feb 11, 2014, 11:10:13 AM2/11/14
Sorry guys.. 1 question:

For "integration", you mean the ability to use the nick and password of the fourm to access the chat? Or "integration" is intended as show the chat inside the forum?

AJAX Chat vers. 0.8.7 on vBulletin 4.2.2

Frug

Feb 11, 2014, 4:39:43 PM2/11/14
Integration means the ability to use your forum credentials to log into chat. Usually this means chat won't even display a login page if you're already logged in.

Without access to a vbulletin forum, I can't work on the integration so it was taken out of the development release... but I'm not sure why you're using the development release. The old vbulletin stable release should work.

If you'd like me to add and test the vbulletin integration into the next release I can do that, but will need full ftp access to it and a database to work on, or a copy that will run on my localhost. I checked the vb website and saw nothing about them providing a version for developers but maybe if you ask them they can give advice on how to do it safely.

As far as I know there are some vbulletin users floating around who use AJAX Chat, like this person a while back http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=269509 so I would encourage you to poke the vb forums as well and see if anyone is interested in supporting it.

Mirko Gubinelli

Feb 11, 2014, 8:04:54 PM2/11/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
ok, now it's clear for me what is meant for integration, thank you.

Of course when I said to have a test-board, then I would given the login credentials. I expect that those who receive it do not misuse it eheh.. You are a serious developer and I trust you (I use AjaxChat for 3 years on www.gt5italia.it). I have download a developer version because I did not understand the difference :P Can you contact me on email for details please (add me on Google+ or use contact form on my website gtitalia.it)?

I tried to make the changes described in this topic on vbulletin.org, but the result was disastrous. The hack is too old.

Thank you very much ;) Ciao !