Adobe Flash

Terry Steffen

Dec 16, 2020, 10:36:59 AM12/16/20
to AJAX-chat
Other than chat sounds, will the elimination of Adobe Flash have any other effect on Blueimp's AJAX Chat?

Frug

Dec 17, 2020, 11:10:18 AM12/17/20
to AJAX-chat
Chat sounds were moved to html5 in the last release, with flash as a backup. It shouldn't affect anything to not have flash.

Terry Steffen

Dec 17, 2020, 12:33:21 PM12/17/20
to AJAX-chat
Frug, Many thanks! I will pass this on to my website users.

Terry Steffen

Feb 15, 2021, 9:08:06 PM2/15/21
to AJAX-chat
I never could get chat sounds to work on Windows 7 or 10 with Google Chrome or the Microsoft Edge Chromium version. Since the elimination of Flash, chat sounds stopped working for Internet Explorer on Windows 7 and 10. Is there a way to patch the Chat source files to restore the sounds? Many thanks in advance.

miles

Feb 16, 2021, 7:58:27 AM2/16/21
to AJAX-chat
Let me refer you to the latest sound related thread which seems to have worked out at least for somebody.

Terry Steffen

Feb 16, 2021, 8:49:26 AM2/16/21
to AJAX-chat

miles: Thank you! I will look this over.

Bobby Russ: We are using version 0.8.8 for SMF. Chat sounds would come in handy for those who are on the forum and away from the chat window.