Custom Usergroup Colors for VBulletin ( ANd other integrations )

Hideki P

Apr 8, 2014, 11:01:18 PM4/8/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
So I was trying to follow a few online guides for Custom Colors for usegroup names.

^ The above link is for PHPBB3 however due to the differences in integration, I attempted to alter it for vbulletin. Everything loads however Color's do not register. Was wondering if anyone was successful in doing this with Vbulletin, and if so could take a moment to explain?
Would greatly appreciate it.

I created 2 additional groups for my chat due to a gaming community I run, so I would need this to reflect 2 vs 1.

Much appreciated to anyone who can assist.

Hideki P

Apr 14, 2014, 12:52:49 PM4/14/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Anyone already have this done that could share their code at least?

@Frug you were mentioning the ability for this in upcoming versions?

Hideki P

Apr 19, 2014, 4:15:14 PM4/19/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I"m willing to pay if someone at least knows and can assist.

Hideki P

Apr 29, 2014, 3:52:37 AM4/29/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Anyone?

I'm sure someones completed this, and would be great to share w/ the community.

Chris D

May 3, 2014, 2:08:43 PM5/3/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Problem w/ this is on phpbb3 it states to look for

           if($auth->acl_get('a_'))
                $userData
['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;
            elseif
($auth->acl_get('m_'))
                $userData
['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;

else
                $userData
['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;

and replace with

            if($auth->acl_get('a_')) {
                $userData
['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;

} elseif($auth->acl_get('m_')) {
                $userData
['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;

}    else {

// Check if we have a member of our custom user group

if($userData['groupID'] == 7)
                    $userData
['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_VIP;

else
                    $userData
['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;

}

However on Vbulletin it has it listed differently.

I've tried to recreate it this way but to no avail, color's still don't load and I've followed all guides, updated CSS/FONTS/positions/global and even statically set.

Here's my current attempt from the above.

function getValidLoginUserData() {
global $vbulletin;
// Check if we have a valid registered user:
if($vbulletin->userinfo['userid']) {
$userData = array();
$userData['userID'] = $vbulletin->userinfo['userid'];

$userData['userName'] = $this->trimUserName($vbulletin->userinfo['username']);
$userData['groupID'] = $user->data['group_id'];
if($vbulletin->userinfo['permissions']['adminpermissions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_adminpermissions['cancontrolpanel'])
$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;
elseif($vbulletin->userinfo['permissions']['adminpermissions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_adminpermissions['ismoderator'])
$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;
else {
               // Check if we have a member of our custom user group
                if($userData['groupID'] == 5)
                    $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_GS;
                else if($userData['groupID'] == 6)
                    $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_GM;
else $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;
}
return $userData;
} else {
// Guest users:
return $this->getGuestUser();
}
}

Maybe someone can look @ that and see where I'm failing at. Everything is matched up per the guide, just that section is diff due to sep databases.

Chris D

May 27, 2014, 10:35:10 PM5/27/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hoping that someone eventually figures this out or writes a tutorial, as it would definitely be nice, will keep my fingers crossed.

Frug

May 28, 2014, 2:27:38 PM5/28/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I've been slow lately. Got a new job, it will be a while before I can push serious changes or test vb integration. Don't be afraid to bump this once in a while.

ClubSyNXTremeTV

May 28, 2014, 8:56:00 PM5/28/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I have a VB Bridge in progress that integrates VB with standalone and you can do everything like how its done in standalone to save you the headache.

Chris D

Jul 7, 2014, 4:16:56 AM7/7/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:56:00 PM UTC-7, ClubSyNXTremeTV wrote:
I have a VB Bridge in progress that integrates VB with standalone and you can do everything like how its done in standalone to save you the headache.

Haven't been on here in a while but figured I'd check in, would definitely love to see if anyones managed anything for this yet. I know so far its capable of being done on phpbb3 and Standalone.

Chris D

Aug 27, 2014, 4:51:30 PM8/27/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Club,

Any Progress on your VB Bridge? Just bumping this in hopes of any recent breakthroughs. Still would love to see this as an option or if someone's been able to figure out and would be so kind as to share.

Chris D

Sep 2, 2014, 12:48:56 PM9/2/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Bumping this in hopes someone would share their progress, as I've read some of you have been able to perform this.

Chris D

Sep 21, 2014, 12:22:03 PM9/21/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Bumpin for some love.  Also @ ClubSyNX any luck with your bridge?

Chris D

Sep 26, 2014, 3:52:22 PM9/26/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Keeping this active, I'm sure there are others that are looking for the same as well

Chris D

Oct 27, 2014, 6:16:08 PM10/27/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Keepin this active. Hopefully someone will share!

R3bify

Oct 28, 2014, 6:52:42 PM10/28/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I can't see the instructions being any different for vbulletin vs phpbb3. Just make sure you're following the instructions properly.

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Oct 29, 2014, 5:29:04 PM10/29/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
There is a huge difference.

Chris, I am back and soon will be on point, However I moved on to the 0.9 testing branch.
Every mod I created will be created for it and controlled within the new Admin Script thats in beginning stages.

I will be explaining more about this before next month is over. I am in the final stages of a divorce , good riddence to that she devil, and I move into my new place this weekend.

I will be alot more active after I get settled in.

Chris D

Nov 2, 2014, 7:41:09 PM11/2/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Ah ok , appreciate it, I"m sure a lot of people will appreciate the mod/instructions once you have them out since as I stated WAY above that the phpbb3 are COMPLETELY different from Vbulletin or any other software, and even following them and making the needed changes did nothing. Thank you for at least reading it.

Sorry about the divorce which in your words seems like a better thing, but either way glad to hear things are getting better on your end. Looking forward to the updates.

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Nov 7, 2014, 5:06:42 AM11/7/14
Turns out 0.8.8 is the next release since there is a master package available on Frug's github pages.
I am working on my new chat and beginning the new Admin system which will manage any mods I create from that section.

I am also working on a solution for your long time issue as well.
I ask that you be a bit more patient with me.

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Nov 13, 2014, 6:32:09 AM11/13/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Some fairly good news. I am assuming that all forum version keeps records of their usergroup colors stored in the database, I know for a fact that SMF and IPB does this, anyway Im able to pull those records from the database incorporating them into Ajax chat. f all goes well, this will elimiate having to edit stylesheets when adding more than one custom user groups.

Chris D

Nov 13, 2014, 4:05:52 PM11/13/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Awesome greatly looking forward to it and seeing your new chat up and going as well lol. Def glad to have you back in the community.

Chris D

Apr 14, 2015, 12:35:20 PM4/14/15
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
MEGA BUMP!