Create a mobile friendly look

George Michalopoulos

Nov 8, 2020, 12:17:18 PM11/8/20
to AJAX-chat

hello all,

i use ajax chat for many years, with Wordpress.
i want to create a mobile friendly version, without the participants list and with less emoticons.
someone told me there is a switch to close participants list.

can anyone help me ?

kadu

Nov 9, 2020, 2:44:00 AM11/9/20
to AJAX-chat
This already works well, check what version of Ajax chat you have and upgrade .-)

George Michalopoulos

Nov 9, 2020, 4:20:01 AM11/9/20
to AJAX-chat
according to changelog.txt i have Version 0.8.7 (1.10.2014)
is it safe to upgrade, or it will break the wordpress intergration ?

Karel Dušek

Nov 9, 2020, 7:22:33 AM11/9/20
to George Michalopoulos, AJAX-chat
I have no idea I;m not using it with wordpress. make backup and try
---
S pozdravem Karel Dušek

Frug

Nov 15, 2020, 4:48:40 PM11/15/20
to AJAX-chat
Wordpress integration is unofficial so it's impossible to say without knowing where the you're using came from, but if it was written properly you should be fine to replace your current copy of the chat folder with the one from 0.8.8 EXCEPT for the following files:
- lib/custom.php
- lib/config.php
- lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php
- lib/class/CustomAJAXChatInterface.php
- lib/class/CustomAJAXChatShoutBox.php

Like kadu said, back up your existing folder and try it out. It's harmless, as long as you keep your original folder in case of a problem.

George Michalopoulos

Dec 2, 2020, 7:14:18 AM12/2/20
to AJAX-chat

hello all,

i finally made a fresh install..
how can i disable the participant list by default ?

Frug

Dec 2, 2020, 2:44:37 PM12/2/20
to AJAX-chat
You mean inside chat to hide the list of users?

George Michalopoulos

Dec 2, 2020, 3:25:43 PM12/2/20
to AJAX-chat
yes, when someone initially loads the chat, to have the participants list closed..
for mobile phones, etc..

Frug

Dec 4, 2020, 5:50:57 PM12/4/20
to AJAX-chat