Frug or anyone else.

Laura Pruett

Apr 6, 2018, 10:45:15 PM4/6/18
to AJAX-chat
If the Ajax Chat has been officially abandon, Is it fine for me to take over the project? I have a helper who is a coder and does it for a living, he has in the past coded games and such, what I am wanting to do is make this work for especially to gamers, the dice roller is a fine addition. I'd like to add other options to the chat itself, such as profile where they can upload their own pictures, able to create their own rooms "Mod" something similar to flash chat, even that is out of date and I doubt anyone has even bothered to take it over and upgrade it. If anyone has any questions related to this please fill free to ask. I have opened up my own Ajax chat group. Here is the Link.  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ajax-chat-and-other-possiblities

Thank you
Laura.

Bobby Russ

May 3, 2018, 1:39:35 PM5/3/18
to AJAX-chat
I've sent a mail to Frug to find out if he has officially had it's final release.  Until I hear otherwise, I'd assume that this is the case.  Honestly, the Ajax Chat needs an overhaul from top to bottom to get it into a modern era, but that would require a lot of time and resources for a free system.  With that said, I am sure that if someone wants to take the time to start that project that Frug wouldn't argue with the help if he desires to continue the project.  However, that would be Frug's call.

Frug

May 4, 2018, 1:05:40 PM5/4/18
to AJAX-chat
AJAX Chat is completely open source and I encourage you to contribute. It wasn't officially abandoned but... I suppose it effectively has been for the past year. Bobby has prompted me to consider what I could get patched up in a reasonable time frame to get a 0.8.9 release out for everyone.