Doc gWorldz

Jul 26, 2014, 4:40:51 AM7/26/14
I started a little project on GitHub I would love for more people to get involved with, it's aa AJAX Chat Styles repository for community contributions. Over the years I've made dozens of styles that are now lost because I didn't share them when I had the chance. This repository is an effort to make sure this never happens again and more styles get added for teh community to choose from :)

If this interest you please scan the README.md and fork AJAX Chat Styles on GitHub to get share with the community :D

If anyone has advice, concerns or ideas for the repository please discuss it here for problems with the styles use GitHub Issues to let me know there so I can solve the problems.

Contributing Styles

If you are interested in contributing your style to this AJAX Chat Styles repository:

  1. Fork the repository.
  2. Add your style - make sure you maintain the example style structure.
  • Create folder for your theme, use a unique name and make sure it matches your css file.
  • Add your style files to the folder you just created.
  1. Commit changes.
  2. Push your commit.
  3. Create a Pull Request.
  • Then I'll pull it into the master branch.

NOTE: Contributors are responsible for verifying the images license and displaying a link as proof of verification in the file that calls them. It is recommended that contributors create their own images or use creative commons or public domain images.

The pull request will show me all changes made and I can pull them into the master.

hcm...@hosscomm.com

Jul 30, 2014, 5:01:55 PM7/30/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I noticed this after I posted on another thread so I figured I would chime in here.
I am polishing off a new theme so I forked your repo it is now my upstream.  :) I think.... Anyway I wanted to ask about some minor typo and formatting issues with the existing license.txt file(s). Those I wouldn't think qualify as a branch on their own.. nor would they really qualify as a 'real' issue. Would you rather me just post a patch? Create a separate branch? or just fix them in my 'origin'/master... I am so new to git I git confused :). Personal preference I guess plays a role but since one can only have one pull request per branch... I figured I'd ask... for that matter I don't even know If I need to branch to add my theme...  <tia> for your time and attention in this minor matter.

On Saturday, July 26, 2014 3:40:51 AM UTC-5, Doc gWorldz wrote:
I started a little project on GitHub I would love for more people to get involved with, it's aa AJAX Chat Styles repository for community

Doc gWorldz

Jul 30, 2014, 6:19:47 PM7/30/14

 GitHub is still a little daunting to me also and I'm figuring it out as I go :) There is no need to create a  branch unless you want to separate the master from your additions unless I misunderstand teh purpose branches are better suited for testing before merging them back into the main or discarding them/

hcm...@hosscomm.com

Jul 31, 2014, 11:27:05 AM7/31/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I created a pull request. I don't see it anywhere.
Then I looked for help and got this page https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request
it says 'you must create a branch' .... so my guess at this point is i have to. I have to laugh at myself I know this isn't that hard. :)

hcm...@hosscomm.com

Jul 31, 2014, 11:31:27 AM7/31/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Scratch that, I see it in your_ pull request queue, not mine :) anyway... more later working on the theme now.

Doc gWorldz

Aug 1, 2014, 3:32:52 PM8/1/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Merged