Project abandoned?

Cuore di angelo

Feb 2, 2018, 12:07:56 PM2/2/18
to AJAX-chat
Has the project been abandoned? In the last year, inevitably, they are adding a series of small errors in the use of the chat.
For example: sounds no longer audible (sending messages, etc.)
If you login as a guest, you do not display the nickname in the user list and as soon as you try to write you are redirected to the login page

It would be a shame to abandon it, it remains our favorite chat

Miles

Feb 2, 2018, 2:13:30 PM2/2/18
to AJAX-chat
Indeed. It is such a pity that no one took over so far. Left alone to die it seems. :/
But concerning your sound problem you may want to have a look here:

Solved it for me and some others, but don't expect to get an out of the box solution. It is what it is. Some tinkering may be necessary.

Cuore di angelo

Feb 3, 2018, 4:36:31 AM2/3/18
to AJAX-chat
thanks Miles, i try it

Laura Pruett

Apr 3, 2018, 6:26:40 PM4/3/18
to AJAX-chat

 Personally I would like to pick this up but, I am not that great, just learning so I might just fiddle and fart around with what I got and keep it current, perhaps my database guy can help as well its a learning experience. I would like to make a Role Playing Mod for this Chat It already has a dice roller. I'd love to add Character sheet mods, and other commands to it, but that's going to take some time. Hopefully I can get the Version currently updated with a few forums, mainly Mybb is the one I use. I will share my site and designs to you guys. Simply head over to http://www.thesecretsocietychronicles.com that is my site. I just uploaded this chat recently so its not connected to the registration yet, but its in the works as we speak.

Miles

Apr 5, 2018, 7:27:14 AM4/5/18
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
As you already know in case I can help - my "sword" is yours ;)
But seriously I would provide my knowledge, transferable mods and graphics of our RPG site. I am not a professional coder per se, but I fiddled quite a bit with Ajax Chat over the course of the last months.

Bobby Russ

Apr 5, 2018, 12:24:54 PM4/5/18
to Miles, AJAX-chat
Unfortunately, this project is more or less abandoned.  The last I heard from the developer was that the chat "needed" to be redone from top to bottom to take advantage of the modern technology available.  With this said, I know there are several of us willing to help those who need help.  Things get broken and we find work arounds to help out.  For the PHPBB branch for example, there's been no updates in about 2 years.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 7:27 AM, Miles <walsi...@gmx.de> wrote:
As you already know in case I can help - my "sword" is yours ;)
But seriously I would provide my knowledge, transferable mods and graphics of our RPG site. I am not a professionnal coder per se, but I fiddled quite a bit with Ajax Chat over the course of the last months.

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 12:26:40 AM UTC+2, Laura Pruett wrote:

On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 11:07:56 AM UTC-6, Cuore di angelo wrote:
[...]

-----
"Dance as if no one were watching,
 Sing as if no one were listening,
 Live everyday as if it were your last,