SM integrated version timeout problems

Róbert Molnár

Jun 17, 2014, 2:11:59 PM6/17/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

First, I'm sorry for my really bad English...

If use SMF integrated version (0.8.7) few months ago in my forum. My users very often have get timeout. But the biggest part of this this problems I think is the "normal" works of chat. And I think these problems have got all the integrated versions too, not only the SMF.
Why?
#1 problem, see this picture:

This is the SMF center login screen. The important settings is the "minutes stay to login". In this example this is 5 minutes. This is mean, after 5 minutes, sesson is closed, so the chat session is closed too, because SMF database connection is lost. The chat users only see this: chat is doesn't work. No error messages, nothing. Only doesn't work.
Okay, the default settings is 60 minutes, but on the chat this is not very long time. This is mean, after 60 minutes, connection is lost... chat is doesn't work.

#2 Exit from forum problem
Many users like exit from the forum, and they are staying only in the chat.

Two cases possible:

a, if they press logout button on the forum, the chat is doesn't work immediately.
b, if they logout from forum with simple browser close. After few minutes, the chat is doesn't work too (in many cases - but not always).

These problems is really tested, these are real problems.

My quest: Solve these problems :)

Example I'd like: after users enter to the chat, doesn't matter they are staying on the forum or not, and doesn't matter the (forum) session timeout, see #1

Thanks.

Frug

Jun 17, 2014, 4:20:04 PM6/17/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
a) is not a problem that can be fixed. if they log out from your system, they log out from your system. The solution is not to log out.
b) is a possible real problem that might be fixed by having chat refresh the session, but it depends on their API.

Doc gWorldz

Jun 17, 2014, 9:41:07 PM6/17/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
What happens if your users check the always stay logged in box?

Its my understanding that should solve problem #1 can always set it to be checked by default also.

Róbert Molnár

Jun 19, 2014, 8:28:21 AM6/19/14
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Thanks, yes, I always use this settings (and I haven't got timeout), but the users... I looking for the better solution.

Robert M.