Im still around, but man, work life..... Real life period... (Sorry for the Broken Links, not my fault btw)

Negative Edge

Apr 30, 2018, 3:37:15 PM4/30/18
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
First off, sorry for the various broken links, Most of the things I have done in the past were from years ago. A lot needs to be updated.

So there are people still using this chat system? I still see some familiar names such as Bobby Russ.

Is Frug updating the chat any further or can we conclude that 0.8.8 is final?

Time is not my best friend but I eventually would like to update my past creations. The only things I know that is floating around is one of my earlier admin mods I posted as an attachment and again I apologize for the broken links, my old dedicated server host and I had a serious falling out and my materials were whiped out as the host being extremely petty for I no longer wanted to do business with them...

Anyway I am rebuilding my own site again and hope for it to be open towards the end of may...

http://negative-edge.net

I can be found on Facebook also

https://www.facebook.com/NegativeEdgeGFXWorks/

Please understand that life and work is playing a major role.

thank you.

-SyN-

Bobby Russ

May 3, 2018, 1:09:46 PM5/3/18
to AJAX-chat
There are still a number of use that are still using the chat.  I see from time to time some new faces.  I think there are also a few of us that have been on here for years that still reply when we get a chance.

Frug hasn't posted in over a year to the group.  I've sent him a message today to see if we can get an update.  Unless we hear otherwise though, I am going to assume that 0.8.8 is the final release.

I can appreciate the whole work and other projects taking up time.  It's something that I think happens to a lot of us who work on multiple projects.  I find certain projects get more attention than others.  Sometimes it's based upon which projects bring in money or help. lol.

Sorry to hear about your old hosting site doing that.  I know some of them get pretty petty over stupid stuff.  There's nothing more frustrating than having to rebuild.  I had to do that before years ago when a hosting provider shot an update to their system that crashed out the server.  They gave me a month's credit for it, but that didn't match the time it took to rebuild things.  Of course, now I have more intense back up systems and what not.

Negative Edge

Jun 5, 2018, 8:37:11 AM6/5/18
to AJAX-chat
Hey Bobby!

Sorry for the late response but yeah I pretty much came to the conclusion as well that this is the final version of the chat I'm still around I will try to be more active and anything I do as far as my new site and Ajax chat related stuff I will keep everybody posted thank you

rahuldottech

Jul 4, 2018, 6:27:52 AM7/4/18
to AJAX-chat
Hey! I am relatively new to AJAX chat, but I have a dedicated server and I can host files (or even a website) for you. Let me know!

teck...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2018, 12:59:08 PM7/13/18
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Wow great to see you again! Glad you are well. Love the construction page logo btw.
I've fiddled with ajax-chat standalone for the past year and fell in love with it. I think we can work
out some layout issues for mobile, its not quite 100% responsive. Avatars would
be great, private pm dialogs and lastly video chat.

Look forward to working with you and the others --when time allows it :]
and thanks for all of your hard work on this project

Negative Edge

Jul 17, 2018, 11:55:20 AM7/17/18
to ajax...@googlegroups.com

rahuldottech, thanks for the offer, but I have better server as of now.

teck..., Thanks!.

I'll be back soon.
Still need time on my site but those with their own VPS or dedicated server, I figured out how to practically become you own private live streaming site and also intergrated AJAX chat with it. (also with some of my own customizations)

Its past beginning stages, more like mid way but so far...
check images above

So basically I'm private, no more twitch or youtube for live streaming, it can be done on your own. (IF YOU HAVE A VPS OR DEDICATED SERVER)

teck...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2018, 1:28:57 PM8/16/18
to AJAX-chat
live streaming! thats awesome, would love to get my hands on this one. love the pain avatar

Negative Edge

Aug 25, 2018, 12:52:32 PM8/25/18
to AJAX-chat
Still working on this, need more time. Work n real life but im still here.