Sounds stop working at random.

sylvi...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2013, 5:49:27 PM2/27/13
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi again:

Just another weird thing happening.

I was happily working away and listening to the chatter' noises from the chat.... then silence.  Check the chat page... and I had been logged out.  Ooooookayyyy!
Logged back in.  No sound.  nada zip... what the? lol
Refresh the chat.  nada zip no sound
logged completely out of the phpbb3 board and chat, closed the window.....reopened chrome, logged in, and now sound works.

I have had complaints about this before in both firefox and AOL of all things.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Kevin Ingwersen

Feb 27, 2013, 6:27:10 PM2/27/13
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
Sometimes this is a session/cookie issue. And the chat is allready known to have some problems with those, since the board relys on session and cookies too, and the chat sometimes clears the session entirely. Also, when the sound doesnt work, try clearing your cache - it helps sometimes. I suppose this can also be a JS/Flash bug. I haven't debugged that. But the sound setting is saved in some sort of cookie, and the flash sometimes just likes to not work.
Regards, Ingwie

Frug

Feb 28, 2013, 11:47:27 AM2/28/13
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Sound stopping randomly has never happened to me or my users, but it seems to me like flash might be crashing or not loading properly when you re-entered chat. Like Kevin says, clearing your cache or restarting may help.

Unfortunately until I can move chat to use html5 audio, it still relies on flash for sound.

sylvi...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2013, 4:40:12 PM3/3/13
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I am accustomed to clearing the cache when I update things like flash.  I'll continue to do that.  It's just a random weird thing I guess. lol
Thanks!

Walter Nuñez

May 13, 2013, 9:31:42 PM5/13/13
to ajax...@googlegroups.com

i have problem uploadin sound file to the host you know if i can change the path of sound indicate other host file??

Walter Nuñez

May 13, 2013, 9:45:23 PM5/13/13
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
i try to edit this line but i dont know what i need to indicate a new host diferente base url:

 initDirectories: function() {

this.dirs = new Object();

this.dirs['emoticons'] = this.baseURL+'img/emoticons/';

this.dirs['sounds'] = this.baseURL+'sounds/'; /* this line need modificate*/

this.dirs['flash'] = this.baseURL+'flash/';

},