July 2010 looking really weird

1 view

Kris

Feb 18, 2010, 6:31:49 PM2/18/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Link to my calendar:

http://www.sc2.be/calendar/index.php

The dates at the end of July (so actually August already) don't look
right.
Comparing it with your demo calendar: My startday of the week is
monday.
Scrolling forward through the months I notice the same behavior for
April 2011.

So it looks like when
- Startday of the week is set to monday.
- Lastday of the month is a saturday (making the first day of next
month a sunday)
there is a minor error in the calculation to position the fields.

Kris

Feb 18, 2010, 6:52:24 PM2/18/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Solved ...

I didn't find any code to control the positioning of the days .. it's
just a <ul> with <li> items controlled by css.
I changed the border of the current day and the weekend days to 2
px .. could this be it ?
Changed border back to 1px ... presto .. works like a charm.

Actually I would like borders around all weekend-days, also the ones
of the next month. This is not a request :), will look at the draw_cal
code myself.

cbolson

Feb 19, 2010, 1:53:21 PM2/19/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
I would have liked to have seen that error before you fixed it ;)

> Actually I would like borders around all weekend-days, also the ones
> of the next month. This is not a request :), will look at the draw_cal
> code myself.

I don't quite undertand what you are asking. Currently all the dates
do have borders round them.

Chris

Kris

Feb 20, 2010, 5:31:26 PM2/20/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
I will recreate the problem ... it's just making the borders for
weekend 2 px wide.

And as I changed the border for weekends (in the css), I also wanted
the borders for weekend for the filler dates ( last days previous
month and first days next month).
I added detection for day of the week for those dates as well, and
depending on the result added the weekend class, just like you did for
the actual month.

I will leave "the problem" up to 2010-02-27.

Kris

Feb 20, 2010, 5:41:45 PM2/20/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
hmm .. doesn't reproduce now ..

But please forward until you reach April 2013 ...
The positioning of the month may doesn't look just right.

Looks like I will also need to expiremnt with the cal_wrap width a bit
more ... The legend displays just fine in Chrome and firefox, but in
IE8 it's below the months.

cbolson

Feb 21, 2010, 5:22:14 AM2/21/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Don't forget to add the 2px borders to the weekday titles ;)

I think that the reason that April 2013 looks odd (and in fact all the
"pages" as you load in new months are briefly "odd" untill they finish
have all increased the overall height and width of the months.
You will need to adjust your overall wrapper width, the individual
months widths and, most importantly the ".cal_month" "min-height"
value.

In a future version of the calendar zip I want to inlcude various
"themes" to demonostrate how the calendar can be adapted, it's just a
question of time :)

Chris

Message has been deleted

rcph