IE8 vs Firefox - Key

blofeld

Feb 17, 2010, 2:41:50 AM2/17/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Hi Chris,

Put the calender last night online with 7 bungalows.
http://www.vacantiehuisjes.nl/domein-hellebeuk/bungalows/hel52
(Dutch:)

but there seems a problem in where the key (Dutch: legenda) is
placed... on Firefox the key is placed on the right, as on IE8 the key
is placed under the calender!?

Could you help to get it on the right in IE8?

Greetings,
Jeroen

cbolson

Feb 17, 2010, 3:45:13 AM2/17/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Hi there,
Nice implementation - I like the way you have adjusted the colors to
get the calendar to fit with your site ;)
Personally I would should the calendar in rows of 4 to adjust to your
width (this is set in the css file - just adjust the #cal_wrapper and
#the_months widths) but then again you might want this right hand
space for something else :)

> but there seems a problem in where the key (Dutch: legenda) is
> placed... on Firefox the key is placed on the right, as on IE8 the key
> is placed under the calender!?

This is a CSS "clear" problem.

Try adding "clear:this" the #key_footer class style in your css file:
/calendar/ac-contents/themes/default/css/avail-calendar.css

You currently have this:
#key #footer_data{
font-size:0.7em;
}
adding clear:this will leave it like this:
#key #footer_data{
font-size:0.7em;
clear:this;
}

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Just a(nother) suggestion but you might consider removing the select
list option to change the propery. It seems rather confusing (at
least to me) to be able to select a different calendar to the item
which the page is showing.

Chris

On 17 feb, 08:41, blofeld <vacantiehuis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> Put the calender last night online with 7 bungalows.http://www.vacantiehuisjes.nl/domein-hellebeuk/bungalows/hel52

blofeld

Feb 17, 2010, 4:29:27 AM2/17/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Hi,

Didn't work here...

Did the 4 rows that looks much better. have to arrange things yet
though!

How can I remove the selectlist changing property? and the pre/next
months?

Jeroen

cbolson

Feb 17, 2010, 4:51:11 AM2/17/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
> Didn't work here...
hmm, try setting the style inline (ie in the actual html code)
In the "calendar" > "index.php" file find the element:

and add the style like this:

> Did the 4 rows that looks much better. have to arrange things yet
> though!

I'm still only seeing 3 months in each row but I see that you have
centered it which does look better ;)

> How can I remove the selectlist changing property? and the pre/next
> months?

In this same file (index.php) you should see the following element
with varios controls in it (buttons, select list, language):
... buttons etc
You can safely remove that whole block or just the individual elements
that you don't want to show.

Chris

blofeld

Feb 17, 2010, 5:14:27 AM2/17/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
worked, everything fixed..
just one thing and i won't take anymore time off you!

I have a lot space between the key and the kalender, how I got that
there I don't know, but I can't get it back...

must be in the css what i have changed.

(centering will be back if that is sorted out)

Jeroen

cbolson

Feb 17, 2010, 5:20:58 AM2/17/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Good news!

Might I suggest that you also move the calendar item title as again I
don't think that you need it here.
Just remove this line:
<h2>'.itemTitle(ID_ITEM).'</h2>

As regards the key being off to the right, this is due to it being
floated right so that it aligns up next to the calendar months (as
oposed to below them). Try reducing the overall wrapper width
slightly (#cal_wrapper) and it should move in closer.

It is looking good!

Chris

blofeld

Feb 17, 2010, 6:31:48 AM2/17/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Hi,

all fixed, is looking good, thanks for the help!

If you want I can send you the languagefile by email.

Jeroen

cbolson

Feb 17, 2010, 10:46:26 AM2/17/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
> all fixed, is looking good, thanks for the help!
That's good news!
Another happy customer :)

> If you want I can send you the languagefile by email.

Yes, please send it.
My aim is to create a seperate download area in the web for the
language files (and hopefully themes) so that users can just download
those that they need.

Chris