Using avail calendar without adding items?

Papachumba

Feb 25, 2010, 7:47:57 AM2/25/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Is this possible?
Ie i'd like to integrate the calendar to an already existing group of
items i have in my own custom table. (users have their admin section
where they add these items in.

Would i be able to do something like include calendar.php?myitemid=23
which would automatically create that item within the calendar
database and which would make the calendar useable for that item?

Or should I script the automatic creation of an item within the
calendar dbase whenever my users add their own items?

hope my question is clear enough...

cbolson

Feb 25, 2010, 8:45:20 AM2/25/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
> Is this possible?
> Ie i'd like to integrate the calendar to an already existing group of
> items i have in my own custom table. (users have their admin section
> where they add these items in.
The short answer is yes.
The actual db table that holds the date bookings is actually very
simple (no doubt you ahve taken a look at it already) and really only
holds 3 variables:
the date
the state (id)
the item (id)
As is, this last field relates to the items in thd calendar bookings
table but there is no reason why you can't use an "id" from an
existing table.

> Would i be able to do something like include calendar.php?myitemid=23
> which would automatically create that item within the calendar
> database and which would make the calendar useable for that item?

Again yes, you could do this, and infact this is basically how the
calendar works. The bookings table holds no data until a date and id
are inserted into it.

> Or should I script the automatic creation of an item within the
> calendar dbase whenever my users add their own items?

This would be an option but then your user would have to login to the
calendar admin seperately.
I suggest that you "simply" copy the "bookings" part of the admin over
to your current client admin area so that they can modify their
calendar from there.
Clearly this will take some programming on your part as your will need
to integrate it into your current system.

The key thing to remember is to include the special admin javascript
file and the ajax file that updates the state.

Of course you should probably keep the calendar admin panel as it is
for you (or the web administrator) to be able to control the states.

Chris

Papachumba

Feb 25, 2010, 10:12:10 AM2/25/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Thank you very much for your extensive and fast reply!
I will attempt to do this within teh next week...