next version/update?

jmmunoz

Mar 10, 2010, 8:34:01 AM3/10/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Hello,

I've seen you've fixed a few problems found in the last version so,
are you going to update the Calendar soon?

Thank you in advance.

cbolson

Mar 10, 2010, 8:54:33 AM3/10/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Hi,
Which problems are you referring to?
I don't believe that there are any bugs with the current download
version (at least I haven't been informed of any).
The problems that I have been helping out with here have been specific
server instalation problems that users have encountered.

I am working on a new release but it doesn't fix any bugs. Rather it
is a revised version with new features and new javascript code.

Chris

jmmunoz

Mar 10, 2010, 12:42:09 PM3/10/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Hello,

when I try and click on the dates so that I can change the "key" to
available or special offer I just can't. Once I click on one date I
can only choose booked and provisional. I can't go back to available
or change it to any other option, just booked and provisional.
I thought I had seen that issue before and you had the code to solve
it, so I thought you'd do it with the next version.

Thank you in advance.

jmmunoz

Mar 10, 2010, 1:52:09 PM3/10/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
In fact the question was made yesterday, I think:
http://groups.google.com/group/ajax-availability-calendar/browse_thread/thread/78671716885ce3b

P.S.: I still think that the forum is a better option 8-) Google
Groups is fine but is not as "nice" and clear as the Google Groups.

cbolson

Mar 10, 2010, 2:07:25 PM3/10/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
That was a specific fix for that particular server.
In general the current code works fine (at least as far as I know,
only 3 people out of over a 1000 downloads have experienced that
particular problem)
I have installed the script on several different servers and have not
run into this problem myself.

I can't make this a general modification to the download file as then
it would break on far more servers.
What I need to do is recode that particular part to use a different
method to calculate the "next" state.

If you are having the same problem on your server, you might want to
try the fix as per the post that you have referred to.

> P.S.: I still think that the forum is a better option 8-) Google
> Groups is fine but is not as "nice" and clear as the Google Groups.

I agree, but it is less maintenence :)
I'm still not 100% about this solution but it is one less thing to
worry about.
This calendar is just a hobby project that I do in my free time (not
that I have much) so I would rather not have to maintain a forum
aswell.

Chris

On 10 mar, 19:52, jmmunoz <huanma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In fact the question was made yesterday, I think:http://groups.google.com/group/ajax-availability-calendar/browse_thre...

jmmunoz

Mar 10, 2010, 4:56:40 PM3/10/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
That code fixed my problem. Yes.

I have a lot of experience with phpBB3 forums so I could help you with
it if you wanted me to, but I don't know if you want to give that
power to someone you don't know :-)

Anyway if you want my version of the Spanish language file I wouldn't
have a problem to sent it to you.

I'll keep having a look at your calendar because I still find it
useful and interesting.