click through states problem

PeetLA

Mar 4, 2010, 4:29:07 AM3/4/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Hello,

I like this calender, but unfortunately cannot get it to work
properly.
I try to install version ac-v3.03.02, but there is a problem with the
"click trough all states". It doesn't work.

Pls help

cbolson

Mar 4, 2010, 4:43:55 AM3/4/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Hi there,
What do you mean by "it does not work"?
It works in the demo OK and in my test version of the current download
version (the online demo is a slightly older version) so there must be
a specific problem with the install.

Can you provide more details?
eg.
It doesn't update at all?
It updates the wrong state?

Chris

Petra Metz

Mar 4, 2010, 5:09:35 AM3/4/10
to ajax-availabi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

Thanks for your quick reaction.

Perhaps you can have a look here...

Still login with demo.

As you can see it changes once, but not more.

Thanks in advance,
Petra Metz

cbolson

Mar 4, 2010, 5:29:07 AM3/4/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Hi, I think that the problem is not with the code, rather with the
background image.
The states are actually changing as you will be able to see if you
mouseover and let the code show the you the "title" of the date.

You appear to have uploaded the calendar contents to withing a
"calendar" directory so you have this:
calendar/ac-v3.03.02
Ideally I would suggest that you don't have the "ac-v3.03.02"
directory in there and have the calendar code (and subdirectorires)
directly in the "calendar" directory.

Anyway, the problem is the path to the background image which is
defined in the "/ac-contents/themes/default/css/avail-calendar.css"
file.
This needs to be adjusted to suit each individual installation (if the
calendar is not installed directly in a "calendar" directory as is
your case)

So, you need to change this line:
background-image:url("/calendar/ac-contents/themes/default/images/
bg_days.png");
to this:
background-image:url("/calendar/ac-v3.03.02/ac-contents/themes/default/
images/bg_days.png");
and that will show the background image for the booking states.

Chris

On 4 mar, 11:09, Petra Metz <petram...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> Thanks for your quick reaction.
>

> Perhaps you can have a look here...http://www.eifelhof.nl/calendar/ac-v3.03.02/ac-admin/index.php?page=b...
>
> <http://www.eifelhof.nl/calendar/ac-v3.03.02/ac-admin/index.php?page=b...>Still

> > ajax-availability-c...@googlegroups.com<ajax-availability-calendar%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Petra Metz

Mar 4, 2010, 5:47:25 AM3/4/10
to ajax-availabi...@googlegroups.com
Hi there again,

First tried yr solution. No luck

Than...
Did it all from scratch without the ac-v3.03.02 directory

Still the same problem unfortunately.

Best regards,
Petra

cbolson

Mar 4, 2010, 6:04:35 AM3/4/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
> Still the same problem unfortunately.
Actually you now have a different problem, it doesn't seem to be
finding the css file at all.
However it is there and it is where the the code expects it to be.
I can't quite work out what is going on now.....

I think you have something weird going on..
Your calendar is here:
http://www.eifelhof.nl/calendar/
And the css file is here:
http://www.eifelhof.nl/calendar/ac-contents/themes/default/css/avail-calendar.css
which is correct, but the html doesn't actually seem to find it :(

However, if you don't place the ending slash on the calendar url like
this:
http://www.eifelhof.nl/calendar
it redirects to this:
http://www.websisters.nl/eifelhof/calendar/
????

Also, when I go to the admin panel here:
http://www.eifelhof.nl/calendar/ac-admin
it redirets me to this:
http://www.websisters.nl/eifelhof/calendar/ac-admin

There appears to be some strange redirection taking place in there
somewhere.
I suspect that this is what is messing things up but I have no idea
why this is happening.
Do you have anything in your htaccess file that might be doing this?

Chris

> > <ajax-availability-calendar%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<ajax-availability-calendar%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

cbolson

Mar 4, 2010, 6:14:54 AM3/4/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Could you try modifying this line in the css file:

background-image:url("/calendar/ac-contents/themes/default/images/
bg_days.png");

to this:

background-image:url(/calendar/ac-contents/themes/default/images/
bg_days.png);

ie remove the inverted commas (double quotes) around the url.

Chris

On 4 mar, 12:04, cbolson <ch...@cbolson.com> wrote:
> > Still the same problem unfortunately.
>
> Actually you now have a different problem, it doesn't seem to be
> finding the css file at all.
> However it is there and it is where the the code expects it to be.
> I can't quite work out what is going on now.....

> I think you have something weird going on..
> Your calendar is here:http://www.eifelhof.nl/calendar/

> And the css file is here:http://www.eifelhof.nl/calendar/ac-contents/themes/default/css/avail-...

cbolson

Mar 4, 2010, 6:28:24 AM3/4/10
to Ajax Availability Calendar
Ignore that last fix.

The problem appears to be that, for some reason, the image path has
been split onto 2 lines in the css file.

Can you change this:

.cal_month ul li.booked_pr_pm { background-image:url("/calendar/ac-
contents/themes/default/
images/bg_days.png");}

to this:

.cal_month ul li.booked_pr_pm { background-image:url("/calendar/ac-
contents/themes/default/images/bg_days.png");}

Chris

Petra Metz

Mar 4, 2010, 4:02:39 PM3/4/10
to ajax-availabi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Did not solve the problem either, but I think you are right, there is something strange with that server.

I installed it now on another server - and no problems at all!

Thanks for your help!
Petra