A PostDoc position is available at the Database and Artificial Intelligence Group at TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology), Austria.
We invite highly motivated applicants interested both in the theory and practice of
- Description Logics
- Answer Set Programming
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Reasoning about Actions and Change
- Database Theory
In particular, we are seeking to strengthen our research teams in two foundational research projects “Ontology-mediated Queries for Graph Databases” and “KtoAPP: Compiling Knowledge into Applications” funded by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
- A PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other closely related field
- Excellent academic record
- High motivation to succeed in academia
- Very good English writing skills
- Employment at TU Wien from 2 years to 3.5 years, depending on research tasks
- Gross salary of approx. 54.453 EUR per year (approx. 35.463 EUR per year after taxes in basic circumstances)
- A department that offers top research expertise, and a stimulating and supportive environment
- TU Wien is a great place for professional growth (e.g., the Austrian Science Fund offers multiple funding opportunities for young researchers to advance their independent scientific careers).
- Vienna is a beautiful city that offers excellent quality of life 
Application Deadline: July 15, 2020
Please send your application to Dr. Mantas Šimkus (sim...@dbai.tuwien.ac.at)
- Curriculum Vitae
- PhD thesis and/or the list of publications
- At least 2 names of referees